Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Refinishing Trailer Fenders

I'm going to be refinishing the fenders on my Extreme trailer due to rusting under the diamond plating, and am thinking that using a spray-on or roll-on bedliner-type product is going to be best for me. I like the idea of being able to step up anywhere on the fender and not worry about scratches, etc.

I've never worked with any of these products, though, and am wondering about spray-on vs. roll/brush-on, is there much of a difference? I would prefer to use one that will finish with more of a gloss-look vs. being totally flat, and any specific brand recommendations?

I had issues with my trailer cross beams getting beat to hell by rocks and rusting so I went the spray on bed liner route. Got it from Lowes but can't remember who makes it. You can paint the liner, but if you step on the paint it will eventually rub off. The plus side for me is it is an easy fix to do a rattle can touch up on my cross beams but may not look so appealing on your fenders it the paint comes off the liner. The finish I have appears to be a gloss black sand finish when painted, but is pliable enough that I haven't noticed any new chips or dents. The major difference IMO between the 2 would be potential brush/roller marks, spray painting required alot of covering of the hull for me and finally the cost. I didn't find anything smaller than a quart can which wasn't cheap! The fenders come off of my BM TA so it would be real easy to do if yours come off as well.