Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo problem...

brettpendl

Hey all,

My boat is an 08 Malibu LSV. I replaced all of the Rockford Fosgate 75 watt speakers with Wetsounds xs65 60 watt speakers. I had this done at my local Malibu dealership. I brought the boat home and something strange is happening.

The stereo dash display will not stop changing music equalizer settings. It constantly changes every couple seconds from "Classical" to "Flat" to "Rock" to "Pop" to "DSP Off." I don't even know what kind stereo is in the dash because all it says is "Malibu" on it.

I have no stereo manual and can't find one online. Additionally, I've spent a good half an hour or so messing with the controls on the stereo face and nothing seems to control this DSP feature. This is driving me crazy as I can't play any music whether its from the IPOD Aux port, FM radio or CD without the volume and equalizer setting changing every cycling through every few seconds.

This is just one more ridiculous issue I've had with my dealership. I don't know if they screwed something up but this issue wasn't there before I payed them to change out my speakers.

Does any one have any idea whats going on with my stereo or what I need to do to fix it? I spent a bunch of money on these speakers and I can't even listen to them now!

Thanks in advance.

There is no remote switch I'm aware of that controls the EQ. In fact I didn't even know you could change the EQ on this stereo. There is no feature I can find in the menu options that controls this.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you may have the JBL Black box. Look under your glove box to see if you have a black box screwed underneath . If you do, it may be version 3.0 I think. If it is, go to bakes online and they have a manuals section where you can download in PDF and learn how to use it. There is also a reset button on the back of the black box if you do have one.

Start there....

Rob

• 1 year later...