Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Skylon Batracks

yabetcha

Has anyone seen the '06 Skylon Batracks in person? It looks like wakeside is taking pre-orders on them.

They're chrome plated and are removeable apparently without tools. Are they held in place with a large knob on the inside of the Illusion tower?

I only saw the swivel rack at the Skylon booth at the show. The said the swivel rack wasn't available for the Illusion yet anyways.

I didn't see a detachable at there booth.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering the same thing. we are looking to deck out our new Illusion on our 247, and thinking what racks, speakers to go with. These companies better keep up with the curve.

• 5 months later...

I ordered a set of Skylon Bat Racks. They use a threaded stud that goes through the Illusion tower and you put a nut on the back side.

Very poor design. I could not get the nut to fit on one side since the 3 holes on the Illusion tower do not always line up. Then if you do put it on you have a Nut exposed on the inside.

I took them back and exchanged them for a set of Nice racks.

These mounted much easier and lok better.

my 2 cents, and expierence.

I just ordered a set of DBot5 racks from buywake.com --- really like them -- you can actually put 3 boards (including ocean style/size surboard) with the "strap on" addition. Also, they have a quick release.