Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds sound terrible through head unit.

prion

Hey all, I'm looking for some direction here. All my wetsounds interior and tower speakers sound terrible through my factory head unit ( CD player, iPod hook up and radio) but when I switch over to my ws420'and play through the auxiliary the sound fine. Any ideas what is causing this?

That information is a little vague. So I'll have to make a few assumptions. If there is a huge gain differential between the two sources then add a PAC LC-1 or equivalent to the input of the stronger input. Use the LC-1 to balance the inputs and re-tune the amplifier gains. Once the LC-1 is put to task it can be permanently concealed.

David

This is a system that worked well for the previous owner, no? Are you trying to use the volume on the HU, or the volume on the 420?

Think of your HU as a source and the 420 as the volume control. You need to set the "gain" (volume) on the HU so it matches the input stage of the 420 and leave it there. Then use the 420 for volume.

If all else fails you could contact the previous owner.

Yes I am using the 420 as the volume control, the HU is turned all the way up.

And that may be the problem. Most HUs only put out clean signal to about 80% of max. Back it down till it sounds good and you have enough volume from the system, then leave it there.

• Like 3

And that may be the problem. Most HUs only put out clean signal to about 80% of max. Back it down till it sounds good and you have enough volume from the system, then leave it there.

+1 This will most likely fix it, if max volume on HU is 35 i'd put volume at like 30 or 31 and so on...