Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat skin replacement.

Sectn8

Hey All,

Well I did it.. I took one of my cushions to a local upholstery shop (the only one that answered the damn phone) and guess what... They butchered it. I NEED to get in touch with Chee and get a full set of skins. Can anybody help me out please, i searched the forums but couldn't find a solid contact info.

Thanks Guys

Scott

I would be interested to know how this process goes for you. I have 2-3 rear seats that have seams pulling apart. I'm assuming at some point I'm going to need to get in touch with chee as well. Do you send him your cushions and he puts the skins on for you? Or does he ship you the skins and you need to put them on yourself? I've never worked with upholstery please let me know the details of thow this works for you.

I would be interested to know how this process goes for you. I have 2-3 rear seats that have seams pulling apart. I'm assuming at some point I'm going to need to get in touch with chee as well. Do you send him your cushions and he puts the skins on for you? Or does he ship you the skins and you need to put them on yourself? I've never worked with upholstery please let me know the details of thow this works for you.

You give him your Hull ID # and he sends you the skins. If you live in his area, you may can have him put them on. Normally, people order from him and either do theirself or take to a local shop for install. He makes them look exactly like they did off the showroom floor unless you ask for something different.

Thanks jwl019 I appreciate it.

Wakeboarder3780 i have the same problem with the seams thats why i want to get them done they just keep separating. My 100 pound lab loves the boat but i'm paying the price now.

Like has been said here, order the skins from Chee. Have someone local install them. It can be tricky to find someone decent to install them./

Were is he located? In the other post it gave a 209 area code for his number, if hes close enough might just bring my cushions over when I'm ready

to have them done.

Were is he located? In the other post it gave a 209 area code for his number, if hes close enough might just bring my cushions over when I'm ready

to have them done.

He's located in Merced.

I just got mine back from him last week and will be putting them on in the coming weeks. Chee does the best upholstery work I've seen. Direct Factory replacement. I could not be more happy with my skins.

He's located in Merced.

I just got mine back from him last week and will be putting them on in the coming weeks. Chee does the best upholstery work I've seen. Direct Factory replacement. I could not be more happy with my skins.

I guess I haven't looked at how they're attached. I wouldn't suppose you'd be interested in taking some photos and showing how the break down goes would you cincy?

Edit: For me it has nothing to do with the dog. Our dog is max 100 lbs. My problem is it's the rear seats where everyone steps up onto the swim pad from. I weigh 215 myself, and all that weight is on one foot at some point. I've started to try to put my foot more near the corner away from the seams but no one else does. IMO it's a people problem not a dog problem. At least on my boat...

Edited by wakeboarder3780

I guess I haven't looked at how they're attached. I wouldn't suppose you'd be interested in taking some photos and showing how the break down goes would you cincy?

Edit: For me it has nothing to do with the dog. Our dog is max 100 lbs. My problem is it's the rear seats where everyone steps up onto the swim pad from. I weigh 215 myself, and all that weight is on one foot at some point. I've started to try to put my foot more near the corner away from the seams but no one else does. IMO it's a people problem not a dog problem. At least on my boat...

Yeah I plan on doing a write up with pictures on how I install the skins.

From what I've seen of my foam (Yes there are parts that I can see, hence the new skins) I won't need to replace anything but the skins. I plan on removing the staples from the old skins, removing, and installing the new ones. I'm on the water this weekend, but I should get some good progress the following weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for an install write up.