Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds Swivel Mounts? OR Hard Mount?

NorrisMike

I am going to put a set of Rev10's on my illusion x tower. Are the swivel mounts necessary or useful when mounting a single pair up high? I have never even seen a wetsounds speaker in person up close let alone the mounting hardware. I have heard people say that it is nice to be able to tilt the speaker up more when the boat is in motion. This would, in theory, take some of the sound out of the boat and give more to the rider. However, it looks like my bimini would catch all the sound if they were titled higher than level.... Also, I trailer my boat so I do not have a need to remove them. any input? Thanks, Mike.

I have 2 Pro80's with hard mounts on mine. I like them better because they give you a much closer fit to the tower. The swivels seem like they hang a little lower.. Not much maybe a couple of inches but you know that makes all the difference in the world. I also agree with you on the Bimini catching all the sound from the speakers if they were tilted up. IMO go with the flush mounts...

I have the swivel mounts for my pair of Rev 10s. Mounted on an Illusion XS tower. I have them on the upper mount which is in the "bend" more or less. If you swivel them up as you suggest, they also turn inward towards the centerline of the boat. Not optimal for riding especially outside of the wake.

Had mine put on with hard mounts. My concern was more around someone stealing them. My stereo guy told me that you really have to get in there to get them off the tower with the hard mounts. Of course thieves are crafty, but i don't leave it outside so not a huge concern other than the occasional time she'll be on the trailer randomly outside.