Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Malibu and we couldn't be more excited

MtnRider

http://www.swperformancemarine.com/2012_website_033.htm

We drove her home tonight...2001 Sunsetter with...get this...77 total original hours. Can't begin to tell all of you how stoked we are! She's basically a brand new boat and is immaculate inside and out.

Came with BI sky high pylon but I'm looking into a Titan 3...we'll have to wait and see.

The only small gripe is that the stereo head unit doesn't have a aux input...simple enough to swap out though.

Thanks for a great site and all the great info...

Edited by MtnRider
martinarcher

Awesome! Congrats on what sounds like the find of a lifetime! Those hours are unheard of for an 01'!

Be sure to post up some pics.....we love pics! :rockon:

Thanks! Bummer i thought the link would show pics from the dealers website...I will have to post some tomorrow.

That's a slick looking boat. I have always loved the look of the Sunsetters. My only gripe with this boat is the snap on cover but that is pretty minuscule. Now go out and enjoy it!

Nice looking boat! Wow, 77 hours! That is about ready for an engine overhaul, hopefully they took care of it........ :biggrin: ...........I think I had that many on my '11 by July last year! Great find, and congratulations! :rockon:

For that boat, I dont think the price is bad. One of the best hull designs ever, and that baby is new. To get the equivalent on anything newer would be a lot more money.

Congrats !

Steve B.

Thanks for all the comments... I didn't pay asking price. Got the boat for $18...a little bit more for the trailer and it was a done deal. The way I figure it I got an essentially brand new 11yr old boat...I was/am very happy happy with the deal. I'll try to get some on the water pics this weekend.

Anybody know what a fair price is for a Titan 3 installed would be? Just curious

Anybody know what a fair price is for a Titan 3 installed would be? Just curious

Not sure if you saw this.. This tower should fit you boat perfect...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36785-titan-tower-lights-mirrorbiminispeakerswakeboard-rack/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by lowbugetwake

I just sold the exact same boat color and all without my titan 3 tower so I have a titan 3 tower for sale. this tower is currently not being made so you will be able to get a titan 1 of 2 way cheaper. pm me if your interested. btw that is a great boat at a great price. I loved mine but just moved to a v-drive.

Edited by windy1

Wow, nice choice. My '99 has the same colors. I like the '01 interior better, especially the three piece rear seat. Newer extreme trailer and glass swim platform are great upgrades as well. Congrats, I think the SSLX is the best value on the market and a really wonderful boat.

Photo-Apr-21%2C-11-21-13-AM-0.jpg

I never understood why Malibu put a wedge on the sunsetter and not the wakesetter... doesn't make sense! :whistle:

I just sold the exact same boat color and all without my titan 3 tower so I have a titan 3 tower for sale. this tower is currently not being made so you will be able to get a titan 1 of 2 way cheaper. pm me if your interested. btw that is a great boat at a great price. I loved mine but just moved to a v-drive.

What would the tower cost me sir? I have a Fed Ex Freight account through work...just not sure how difficult it would be to ship something like this and have it show up in one piece.

Wow, nice choice. My '99 has the same colors. I like the '01 interior better, especially the three piece rear seat. Newer extreme trailer and glass swim platform are great upgrades as well. Congrats, I think the SSLX is the best value on the market and a really wonderful boat.

Photo-Apr-21%2C-11-21-13-AM-0.jpg

Nice! I like the tow vehicle as well...I've got a 2006 Ridgeline and I don't think these trucks get the credit they deserve...I absolutely love mine.

This is also a great looking tower but I think it is fairly pricey. Something to maybe consider though. http://www.themalibu...ampson+%2Btower

Love this...just can't afford it...they are beautiful though!!

So from what I'm reading you can't get a Titan 3 anymore...I thought you could get the 1 & 2 from Menace but the 3 would have to go through a Malibu Dealer (Malibu is now the owner of the Titan name to my understanding).

Am I mistaken?