Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kicker 11KMT60's Review

CincyVLX

I've done a lot of work over the winter and it really crunched my budget for the stereo upgrade. I installed the fosgates out of a '11 VLX in the boat and I was really itching to get the car audio 6x9" speakers off the tower for good.

Wetsounds or Exile was definitely my first thought, but upon further inspection of funds, definitely out of my budget. I decided on the Kicker 11KMT60 enclosures because the price and appearance of them. I was able to find a pair at a discount site for just over $300. Seeing that I sold my old enclosure for $200, this was a pretty inexpensive upgrade!

Fast forward to this past weekend and I finally get them installed and hooked up to the proper amplifier (450W 2-channel Kicker amp). We took the boat out Sunday for a shakedown run and an opprotunity to do just a little bit of wakeboarding and surfing.

WOW! These things are crystal clear behind the boat while surfing, and although not as clear as wetsounds/exile 75' behind the boat, you can still hear the music very well!

For the price, these things really impressed me! I just wanted to pass the info along in case other crew members are looking for a lower price alternative for tower speakers.

I'm not affiliated with Kicker in any way, just wanted to pass along a review of these speakers.

KickerTowerSpeakers.jpg

CincyVLX, did you paint your tower or is that a different one than what is in you avatar pic?

It's the same one. I painted the tower over the winter/spring.

Here is the thread where you can see the before pictures on page 2

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35849-what-tower-is-this/page__hl__+what +tower__st__20

• Like 1

I had four of those hooked on a hifonics 150X4.

This was super loud, and overall cost me less than 800 for everything!

This year I'm trying wetsounds, and for the price difference, I hoping a major improvement!!