Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost keys

Smalsv

In the last 20 years of boating, I've never lost my boat keys. Well, that was a thought of past experience. Yesterday, I couldn't find my boat keys. Looked everywhere. No keys. I'll call me dealer tommorow, but until then, does anyone know the process on a Malibu boat? Key only with the VIN or will I need to replace the entire ignition and keys? If anyone knows, please advise me. Thanks.

I had a 99 wakesetter dd and the solder on the ignition wires broke off. I just changed that ignition out, and it came with new keys. It was very easy to do.

We lost our keys once as well and found out it is less expensive to just call Bakes and buy a new switch then it was to have the local locksmith make a key.

As difficult as it is to admit, my wife is excellent at finding most anything. She is quite the little finder. She found the keys in my jacket i was wearing on a rather cool Sat. last weekend. It's funny how i thought to look in the wrong jacket I thought I was wearing. What a memory that woman has for other peoples lost items? That's even funny for me. Now i make an obvious decision to duplicate my set of keys and put the extra set in an obvious place. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

I have an extra set of keys taped to the inside of the rear bumper of my main tow vehicle.

I also have a hidden set inside the boat.

You may not have heard about me but, I tend to have a back-up for my back-ups.

I just replaced the ignition switch in our boat, which was a piece of cake. One new key stays in the boat and the spare stays on the ring with my car keys.