Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I unlock my ski locker?

braindamage

I got the new interior installed and it looks awesome. I'll post some pics

I have a question though...either during the install or maybe it was always this way...but my ski locker is now locked and I don't have the key. I tried my ignition key but no luck. It's locked in the open position so I can still access the locker, but frankly I would either like to get it either unlocked permanently so at least I can latch it or get a key where I can lock/unlock.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of "master key" that I can get from mailbu? I checked the dealer and he said I was SOL...not much help.

The other option is whether I can take the lock apart and unlock from the inside. Has anyone had any luck doing that?

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

If it's like mine, you can remove the whole latch & see what you can see. It's attached by a big plastic nut on the bottom.

The latches are not that expensive to replace - my lockset was frozen when I bought the boat. It may match your glove box key.

Edit - the latching mechanism is just squared off plastic - you can just twist the handle hard & it will turn.

Edited by wienrdog

Pretty lame on the dealers end, we had a whole master set of Perko keys (A-Z) for those "locks" where I worked.

There should be a letter engraved somewhere on the lock, and that tells you which key would open it up.

But if you don't have a key, how would it have possibly gotten locked?