Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MCA is dead... long live the beastie boys

shawndoggy

Sorry mods, it's kinda off topic, but the beasties are still one of my first test tracks (High Plains Drifter from Paul's Boutique... the best rap album of all time) when installing a new system.

Sorry mods, it's kinda off topic, but the beasties are still one of my first test tracks (High Plains Drifter from Paul's Boutique... the best rap album of all time) when installing a new system.

I'm Doing 120 plowing over mail boxes

Radar detector to tell me where the cops is

One of my favorite verses from a rap song.....

+1 and not even close in my book. I would add the most underrated album (in any genre) of all time as well. That album was so far ahead of its time......

I always wondered when the B-Boys would run out of the creativity & the will to keep making the type/quality of music they gave us. I thought Ill Communication might be the last.......then Hello Nasty.....I was convinced they were done after To the 5 Boroughs.......then came Hot Sauce. They pushed trends in hip hop for over 20 freaking years and, correct me if I'm wrong, never even made a weak track (let alone album). Unheard of.

So sad to hear it's done......

If I was going to pick a weak track it'd be Fight for your right (prolly just played out) and Licensed to Ill (the most juvenile of the lyrics).... but still Paul Revere is awesome.

The thing about Paul's Boutique is that it came at the golden age right before sampling became taboo. It's sorta the blueprint for what might have been if the rules weren't changed.

Bums me out big time. If I had to list my most influential group during (and ever since) my formative years, these guys are it! Some time ago I read or saw that the Paul's Boutique album could never be reproduced today due to the exorbitant costs of paying all the royalties for the many samples within that record. Pains me to say I never got to see them live. Tickets would sell out in minutes, literally. So sad indeed.

Bums me out big time. If I had to list my most influential group during (and ever since) my formative years, these guys are it! Some time ago I read or saw that the Paul's Boutique album could never be reproduced today due to the exorbitant costs of paying all the royalties for the many samples within that record. Pains me to say I never got to see them live. Tickets would sell out in minutes, literally. So sad indeed.

Saw them live on Licensed to Ill tour ... they were my first "real" concert. you didn't miss much. Fishbone opened and stole the show. They aren't really a live band anyway. More a headphones band where you hear something new each time. IMHO and all that.

Saw them live on Licensed to Ill tour ... they were my first "real" concert.

Same here except, P.E. opened for them (as mentioned before).

It's a real loss to the music world.

My (bass) test track is "Born to Roll" by Masta Ace.

... except, P.E. opened for them (as mentioned before).

that had to be a great show. Definitely have a soft spot for flav and the S1Ws.

pe2_0.jpg

Edited by shawndoggy

Sad day. I listened to so much of their music, and still will. Check Your Head is a great album that I listened to start to finish countless times.... :(