Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gel Coat Color Match Kit

wakeboarder3780

Last year sometime someone mentioned they knew a company that had EXACT gel coat color matches for malibu boats (if your boat was less than 6 years old or something). Can someone again tell me what company that was that sells that? I recently got a chip in the swimdeck from a rider who tried to jump in off the deck and shorted it. I would like to fill it in because it's actually deep enough to chip all the way through the gel.

BTW a friendly reminder to remind your friends not to jump in off the swim deck - even if they see you doing it (because if you short it, it's your problem to fix).

Spectrum is the brand name. It works for older boats too. Due to fading of the boat, it may not match 100% right away, but within a couple trips out, it will not even be noticeable. You can get it at Iboats.com

God I love this forum. Direct color matched and ready to go. I tried color matching once on my last boat. It's very difficult to get a good match. Thanks a bunch jw.

:werule:

martinarcher

The older boats require a 1 inch square sample of gel off the boat to match. Trust me... cutting that hole out hurts! I got creative and added another stainless thru hull fitting. :biggrin:

Easiest way to get the right color of your boat is to send Malibu a email with Hull ID asking for your boats specific color names. That's how I got mine.

yeap thats what i need for a 2008 model vlx ..black..

problem is they wont post overseas ..

anyone have another stockist in mind that could post overseas...

need to do a small repair and need the black for a 2008 model..

thks

Question about spectrum though. How do you determine which colors your boat has? Does the HIN number tell you that?

My boat is black and yellow. on the iboats site i search for "malbu spectrum gel kit yellow" and only one color came up in my year range. It was like california yellow or whatever. It was my assumption that this was definitely my color since only one hue came up from the search. If I'm wrong I'll take that one in the shorts I guess.

More than likely that Cal yellow is it. If not, unless you really know how to mix colors right, it will be alot closer than you can match it. I know there is no way I could have matched my white just right!