Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flying Towables - Anyone have them?

Gordo

Solution for us heavier gentlemen. Fill the Wego with helium. The only problem with that is you've always gotta keep it attached to something or $500 just goes floating off into space (or Michigan in my case)

ROFL.gif can you say Hindenburg ROFL.gif

Edited by D-GOOSE
So a Manta Ray cost $500???? Is this the "best" flying towable ?? It certainly appears to be the biggest!!! Crazy.gif
Hi Gordo There was a photo of another towable on wakeworld.com ages ago but i can't remember where it was located ,the thing was called a "Squirrel" it was bigger than the manta ray and was flying higher and had 2 people on it! Surprised.gifROFL.gif it was yellow and appeared to have 3 inflatable sections similar to those sausage rides , the thing looked insane ,i hunted around on the nett but couldn't find any info on them. i think at one stage one of the big television manufacturers were using footage of one of these things flying as a promo

BigMac - I tried to find that flying tube on the net also....no luck. Intuitively, you have to have a lot of surface area to "fly". The Manta certainly looks more aerodynamic and stable than the huge tube version. I would just like to find a few more people that have tried it before I send $500 to someone.

BigMac - I tried to find that flying tube on the net also....no luck. Intuitively, you have to have a lot of surface area to "fly". The Manta certainly looks more aerodynamic and stable than the huge tube version. I would just like to find a few more people that have tried it before I send $500 to someone.

Let me know when you pick one up and we will meet you at somerville for the photo opps... Biggrin.gif

and a ride

Edited by RiverRunner

The Wego kite tube has kind of a pocket underneath to catch air. It looks to me to be a little more controllable (height-wise) than the Manta Ray. Of course, I'm sure it will flip over a lot more easily and slam you down on your back. I just got one of the Wego tubes - can't wait to try it!

Riverrunner - Hope you have drained your block or have run antifreeze through your block......supposed to freeze this weekend .......gee - our first one this year.. Biggrin.gif I am going to have to run up to Somerville to check on my boat.