Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 SLXI Sunsetter LXI Parts and Tools List for 5.7L 325hp 350ci Monsoon

Yes, thanks for sharing. Gotta love Harbor Freight.

Once in a while it's nice to have Shaft packing Wrenches to adjust your drip: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1026

Spare prop and prop puller?: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2173

On the trailer, if towing a long distance it's good to carry complete hubs, not just bearings: http://www.pacifictrailers.com/5-45-lug-pattern-wheel-hub-3500lb-trailer-axles-68149-44649-/ and http://www.pacifictrailers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodId=55687 Not fun or sometimes not possible to press in races on the side of the road.

Edited by Asmodeus2112

I try to avoid the mobile mechanic.

I've somewhere around 800 hours on a 12 year old boat and i often do 2-3 day boating trips....I might be getting a little nervous. :cry: Nice to have a "fix-most-all" box to keep the fun going......

I used to carry more useless tools until I spent the time actually seeing what I needed. Between the tools and parts, it really is not that much stuff and only about $300 total.

I mount them all outta the way and forget about them until needed (or until a friend needs them).

• 2 years later...

Been working on compiling a list of parts and part numbers for my monsoon (all similar models) which all started with this post. Attached is a list of parts I have cross referenced so far and feel free to add to it, use at your own risk and always double check part matches first before installing:

Oil Filter = Napa Gold 1069 or Fram PH30 (Napa Gold is better)
Oil = Pennzoil marine 15w-40, Shell Rotella 15w-40, or equivalent
Fuel Filters = Napa 3481 & 3033
Cap & Rotor = Napa RR249 & RR250
Spark Plugs = NGK TR5 (#2238)
Fuel Pump - Carter P60962 fuel pump (if can be found anywhere), if not marine stores have them.

Coil - Ac Delco D560 or 7J27 or 1115491

MAP sensor =
Ac Delco 213-796
Autozone - SU1078

IAC sensor = 20871 or 17113209
Advance Auto - CV10011 or 31023
Autozone - AC142
NAPA - CRB220177

Fuel Pressure Regulator -
Bosch 0280160237
Autozone - 800-114 or F21-707
NAPA - MPF31707A
Knock Sensor - AC Delco 213-96 (You can get it on Amazon for $24)
  • Like 3
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Mayfike's parts list at the top of this thread has a typo on the V-Belt. The correct Gates part number is Gates XL 7430 not 7340 as listed. You can also add Indmar 7430 to that list. There is a big difference. The 7340 is 34.57 inches long and the 7430 is 43.57 inches long and you definitely need the longer one

Edited by JackTip

Don't forget a tow rope so when that one item happens requiring a tow you are prepared for that.  Dive mask when you have to go untangle a rope caught in prop / prop shaft / cutlass bearing.

Best thing about HF tools - no crying when they go over the side never to be retrieved.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Woodski said:

Don't forget a tow rope so when that one item happens requiring a tow you are prepared for that. 

I agree with this, but for a different reason.  I've towed several other peoples boats and it's nice to have that rope onboard.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

First off, best post/thread ever.

Now, a question. Changing my fuel filter (by the tank), I bought the Napa Gold 3033 quoted above, it's got 3/8 barb but what's installed on my 2000 SSLXi is larger ID hose.  Anyone else come across this?

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2021 at 1:51 AM, JimLafleur said:

First off, best post/thread ever.

Now, a question. Changing my fuel filter (by the tank), I bought the Napa Gold 3033 quoted above, it's got 3/8 barb but what's installed on my 2000 SSLXi is larger ID hose.  Anyone else come across this?

Mine is 1/2" barb and hose. I did the same without checking my hose first.