Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Advice on new (newish) boat

Live2Ride

Currently we have a 96 response with a titan tower and fairly low hours.

Due to the mother in-law selling the father in-laws 1981 Stars and stripes, he wants a boat that he can ski/barefoot behind.

The response isnt very powerful and we want something newer anyways.

any suggestions on what is a good cross platform boat.

I don't ski (and will never again) we surf and board mostly.

The in-laws are, not to be mean but they are ski snobs, the wake (or lack of) needs to be really clean, otherwise its a whine fest.

any suggestions?

Tell them to be happy that they are even on the water. If it is your boat, you want to be able to do the things your family wants. Life is to short to please everyone. In saying that, if you want a good crossover that can ski and still surf the VTX will work great.

If the whining continues, tell them to buy a specific barefoot ski boat and drive it themsleves.

Tell them to be happy that they are even on the water. If it is your boat, you want to be able to do the things your family wants. Life is to short to please everyone. In saying that, if you want a good crossover that can ski and still surf the VTX will work great.

If the whining continues, tell them to buy a specific barefoot ski boat and drive it themsleves.

Exactly - if you are footing the bill, buy whatever YOU want. Since you board/surf, it will likely be something far different than what they want.

Have the inlaws tried the Response yet? If they've managed this long on the stars & stripes, it seems they would be more than good with the Response. My 265hp Echelon is great for slalom and footing and is very similar to your Response. I'm no pro, but it's definitely too strong for me to overpower.