Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Amp Specs and Stereo Planning Ideas

Viper_007

Can anyone tell me the factory amp specs for a 2010 23LSV? Just picked-up the boat and starting to plan a bit and hoping for some suggestions/ideas.

Also, the previous owner disconnected the rear cabins...my guess to be able to crank the towers w/out being too loud inside. I reconnected so the rear cabins are connected with the front cabins. That way if I fade to the rear it's only the towers and sub on. Is there an issues with this for now? Were they intended to be connected rear cabins and towers together?

Ok...on to the good stuff:

In progress: (not purchased yet and doing in stages due to some other projects)

• Exile ZLD
  • Exile 800W Bass Package (to replace factory sub/amp)
  • Custom Box TBD

With the factory two batteries and a ProSport 20 Charger will I risk limited play time with existing factory + above?

Long Term: (thinking)

• 2 Pair of Wetsounds 696 (if I want to keep factory 4 cans and lights)

or

• 1 Pair of Rev 10's or 1 Pair of XM9's (I'm 6ft so Headroom is an issue...this like the 1 Pair for this project)

***Need to be able to rotate up to not blow the rear passangers away in the 23LSV

• New Amp for Towers (unsure of which amp and my guess is will need 3amps)
  • Replace Two Factory Batteries with XSPower D3100's
  • Cabins Set-Up TBD or Keep as is...

Thoughts/Suggestions on my potential hybrid combo of EXILE and Wetsounds?

Well, what amp did they install? My 09 has a fosgate 400.2 that came with a birth sheet. It tested (14.4v) at 506 x1 @ 4ohm bridged and 253x2 @ 2ohm.

My tower speakers were hooked to it from the factory and the cabins were run off the head unit. Tonight, I disconnected the towers and hooked up the cabin speakers to see what they sound like. They actually sound pretty decent once I dialed them in. They are also fosgate.

Well, what amp did they install? My 09 has a fosgate 400.2 that came with a birth sheet. It tested (14.4v) at 506 x1 @ 4ohm bridged and 253x2 @ 2ohm.

Not sure what was installed, looked in the owners maual, but nothing. Will take a closer look this weekend when I'm at the boat again.

Anyone else running the 800W Bass Package? How did you like and what type of box did you build?

Can anyone tell me the factory amp specs for a 2010 23LSV? Just picked-up the boat and starting to plan a bit and hoping for some suggestions/ideas.

Also, the previous owner disconnected the rear cabins...my guess to be able to crank the towers w/out being too loud inside. I reconnected so the rear cabins are connected with the front cabins. That way if I fade to the rear it's only the towers and sub on. Is there an issues with this for now? Were they intended to be connected rear cabins and towers together?

Ok...on to the good stuff:

In progress: (not purchased yet and doing in stages due to some other projects)

• Exile ZLD
  • Exile 800W Bass Package (to replace factory sub/amp)
  • Custom Box TBD

With the factory two batteries and a ProSport 20 Charger will I risk limited play time with existing factory + above?

Long Term: (thinking)

• 2 Pair of Wetsounds 696 (if I want to keep factory 4 cans and lights)

or

• 1 Pair of Rev 10's or 1 Pair of XM9's (I'm 6ft so Headroom is an issue...this like the 1 Pair for this project)

***Need to be able to rotate up to not blow the rear passangers away in the 23LSV

• New Amp for Towers (unsure of which amp and my guess is will need 3amps)
  • Replace Two Factory Batteries with XSPower D3100's
  • Cabins Set-Up TBD or Keep as is...

Thoughts/Suggestions on my potential hybrid combo of EXILE and Wetsounds?

I currently have a BIG 15 and a 1500 amp so I can't comment on the 800w setup. I will say that the more you add amps you add to power the tower/cabin/sub zones will require, at some point a look a your battery setup. I replaced my this winter with 6v golf cart batteries to allow for more key off time and better longevity.

Most quality amps will take 2-3 pairs of tower speakers with some sort of cooling or ventilation setup as the load gets closer to 1ohm. I would not skimp in this area as it appears you are investing in quality drivers so please invest the money in good power so they will perform as designed! :) I run two amps for my tower now to allow the larger mid bass ones to be tuned differently.

As far as the cabins go, replace if needed when you have the $$$. The towers, regardless of brand or type will be plenty loud and make sure that the lucky ones in your crew that sit in the back need hearing aids in their 30's. The swivel mounts are great when you are in a cove and want to direct the sound to a certain area.

When replaced my system I did it all at once. It took me several months to save up the cash to do it that way so I stayed with the stock system my boat came with until I could do that in one shot. I also like my stuff to match given that most of the gear is exposed and I thought it would look odd to have different towers and cabin's with different grills. Different strokes for different folks.

Best of luck in your quest for on-the-water audio bliss. Post up some pics when you get a moment so we can see what your setup looks like currently!