Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cover Need

EDH Malibu

21 foot Wakesetter and I need a cover - any recomendations of where to get one? Thanks!

Evolution (www.evolutioncovers.com), Bakes Custom Covers (www.bakesonline.com), Great Lakes (www.greatlakesboattop.com). Most popular, and without a doubt excellent quality and service, would be Evolution. Cinches down snuggly without the use of poles. Raised cut-outs for tower legs. Towable cover. Does not cover all of transom or swim platform. I own a Rankin cover, almost identical to the Evolution cover (pre-dates Evolution), and have been very pleased with it.

Great Lakes needs the poles to tent the cover up. Water still pools and may be funneled towards tower cut-outs. Not really ideal as a towing cover, but certainly adequate for mooring. I own two and they both wrap around the swim platform, protecting transom and platform from sunlight.

The Bakes product is relatively new. But, Bakes has been a great online source for parts and accessories, and they are very easy to work with. I don't have any personal knowledge about this cover, though.

Whichever you decide on, you should probably avoid a black cover.

Edited by srab

:plus1: for an Evolution cover as well. Had one made and shipped to Australia as they are renowned as one of the best "towable" covers out there. Cory even made a custom swim platform cover as we back on to a forrest and it gets really dusty. Here are a few pic's of the finished product:

072.jpg

071.jpg

069.jpg

067.jpg