Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Negotiating V-Ride Price/Accessories

yabetcha

I'm considering buying a V-Ride due to CFO price restrictions and storage limitations that won't allow for a 98"+ beam.

Considering that the V-Ride has a nationally advertised MSRP and is Malibu's price point boat, do the dealers lower the base price at all (I think I remember reading about small adjustments in base price) and/or can I expect to negotiate 10% off accessories on a "Ride" boat?

Also, can someone tell me what the upcharge is for a polished Titan vs Illusion.

Edited by yabetcha

You'd be hard pressed to get 10% off on a Ride I think. They are a price-point boat, and don't have as much margin.

Local dealer here adds several options and sells for the normal "base" msrp, and that's probably about as good as you can get.

I would think that options are like every other Malibu, and are subject to negotiation.

Anyway, bottom line is you can't negotiate a Ride as much as a "regular" Malibu.

I'm considering buying a V-Ride due to CFO price restrictions and storage limitations that won't allow for a 98"+ beam.

Considering that the V-Ride has a nationally advertised MSRP and is Malibu's price point boat, do the dealers lower the base price at all (I think I remember reading about small adjustments in base price) and/or can I expect to negotiate 10% off accessories on a "Ride" boat?

Also, can someone tell me what the upcharge is for a polished Titan vs Illusion.

Your constraints sound identical to mine. I needed a narrow boat and had a budget in mind. I wound up with the V-Ride at a price I'm very pleased with. I think your expectations for 10% off sticker are reasonable, but may depend on what your dealer and Malibu happen to have going on at the time. I think the pricing on the Ride boats may be creeping up, as the sticker prices I saw at the Seattle boat show were actually higher than my sticker price (and I had more options). You may also be able to do a hair better if you buy a boat of the lot when the dealer is having a slow month.

The Titan tower is a small upcharge, maybe $350 or so.

You might want to consider the premium carpet upgrade. That's the only option I didn't get and I hear that it's worth it. I'm really sad I didn't know about the carpet choice and didn't get to pick, so compare the two carpets for yourself and see which one you like better.

I'd look for a used 2004 VLX - it may be a better buy unless you just have to have a new boat... It is essentially the same boat, only you will get quite a few more options...

JZ

There's too much good stuff on the 2006...I was actually looking for 2002-2004 Sunscapes but they're impossible to find on the west coast.

I'd look for a used 2004 VLX - it may be a better buy unless you just have to have a new boat... It is essentially the same boat, only you will get quite a few more options...

JZ

Did you try the Boat Show and get a price? Talk to Kenny from the Rancho store. Then talk to Boat Country and compare pricing.

That said, the dealers were a little soft at the show last year, I don't know how sales are yet this year, but maybe there's a deal to be had.

Also, as a returning BU purchaser, sometimes if you hit the show when there is "Malibu Rep" there, they might throw in a little love if your purchase at the show. Of course, you didn't hear that from me :)

There was an article in the LA Times the other day. The article was talking about the LA boat show and the article went into boat sales for California and the word is sales are up 8% state wide.

I'm not sure about discounts on the Ride series, on my new 21.5 XTi, I negotiated 12% off MSRP.

List on the Titan III tower was $3014.00 (powder coated) and $3381.00 (polished). I think the Illusion tower is a little less...

Good luck on the new boat!

JT

JPK i just ordered an '06 v-ride, as follows:

monsoon

fiberglass swim platform

3 outlet heater

pop-up cleats

6 tower lights

malibu board racks

rear ballast

4 speakers only

complete wedge

flip-up bolster seat

my price before tax is $40k...if you don't mind, i was wondering how that compares to what others paid, for a similarly equipped boat

JPK i just ordered an '06 v-ride, as follows:

monsoon

fiberglass swim platform

3 outlet heater

pop-up cleats

6 tower lights

malibu board racks

rear ballast

4 speakers only

complete wedge

flip-up bolster seat

my price before tax is $40k...if you don't mind, i was wondering how that compares to what others paid, for a similarly equipped boat

Where are you located? Area of the country does make a difference, as they tend to be cheaper on the east coast. Is that price including a trailer, and if so, single or tandem axle? If it includes any trailer, I'd say thats a smoking good deal, as that boat is optioned up pretty well.

i am in CT...funny you should ask about the trailer...the dealer said he was gonna get me a single axle trailer that is 2 yrs old but in great condition...

yabetcha...seems my PM box was full...i emptied it so if you try again, i should get it

Candle-bu, the V-ride is supposed to come standard with a tandem axle trailer. I wonder about the "deal" you really got. What happened to the trailer that came/comes with the boat.

Even with a couple year old trailer, seems like a very good deal to me. You dealing with Xtreme? Is the Candle in your name referring to Candlewood?

Candle-bu, the V-ride is supposed to come standard with a tandem axle trailer. I wonder about the "deal" you really got. What happened to the trailer that came/comes with the boat.

It went out the window with '06.

I have an 06 on order and it came with a T/A Boatmate trailer. It is included in the base MSRP...at least in NC.

Malibu's do not "come with trailers." Malibu doesn't build trailers. Your dealer finds his own source, unlike Mastercraft for example, who has their own brand.

Malibu's will have different brands of trailers under them depending on what area of you country you bought it in.

If your boat came with a Boatmate Trailer that means your dealer procured the trailer, put the boat on it, and came up with a price for the package. If a V-ride, he used Malibu's MSRP guidelines for the package.

jcbatt--yes i am dealing with xtreme...so far they seem to be very easy to deal with. and yes the candle is referrring to candlewood lake...where do you do most of your boating?

as far as the trailer it came with? this is part of the reason that i have been asking these questions...just trying to figure out how good if at all this deal that i negotiated is? maybe i am alittle late, but, i'd rather know how i did than not know.

Boomer,

In '05 (the first year of the Ride series) the nationally advertised price included a trailer, that was the reason that it was such a good deal & one reason that the dealers had very little negotiating room on it. But what you've stated for this year is correct, at least from what I've heard from Malibu. They dropped it for '06. If someone has purchased an '06 Ride that "came with a trailer", then it was something that the dealer worked out as a package like they do for all boats. Again, this is the information that I was given, so I should qualify it by saying that different dealers *may do things differently.* I really don't know.

jcbatt--yes i am dealing with xtreme...so far they seem to be very easy to deal with. and yes the candle is referrring to candlewood lake...where do you do most of your boating?

as far as the trailer it came with? this is part of the reason that i have been asking these questions...just trying to figure out how good if at all this deal that i negotiated is? maybe i am alittle late, but, i'd rather know how i did than not know.

As long as the trailer isn't total junk, there are a lot of options on that boat for that price - I think you got a very good deal. You're not going to find another 06 Malibu v-drive wakeboard boat that well equipped for $40K anywhere else.

I usually go over to Lillenonah - Candlewood is a little too busy and roough for me. I was out on it late last fall for the first time in a couple years and I was very impressed with some of the houses on it - especially over on the Sherman side.

Malibu's do not "come with trailers." Malibu doesn't build trailers. Your dealer finds his own source, unlike Mastercraft for example, who has their own brand.

Malibu's will have different brands of trailers under them depending on what area of you country you bought it in.

If your boat came with a Boatmate Trailer that means your dealer procured the trailer, put the boat on it, and came up with a price for the package. If a V-ride, he used Malibu's MSRP guidelines for the package.

Well that may be the case...all I know is that the boat and trailer were 39995 base before any options at my dealer. Also if you go to some of the internet sites (wakeboardingmag.com for one) and read the review for the 06' v-Ride it shows base price includes a trailer.

Edited by DUKENO1