Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Paddlewheel question/debris in water

I was out on the water today and all the sudden lost my speedometer and cruise control while towing someone. My first thought was debris in the wheel, so I backup up a few times and it started to work again for about two more hours. Then same thing, towing a boarder and no speedometer and cruise control not working (because 0 mph on speedo). I drove with hand throttle for about 30 minutes and we went back to the dock.

When I got home I spun the wheel by hand, it is registering on the speedometer and maliview. There was quite a bit of debris on the water today, is it possible some debris could have caused the paddlewheel to bind up? When I initially spun the wheel out of the water is was at the launch ramp and getting dark so I could not really see if anything was lodged in there. At home it spins freely, and as mentioned the speedometer is registering on Maliview.

Assuming if the wheel is responding out of the water now, it must have been some debris in there that caused it to stop spinning??????

I've had a loose connection do the same thing. Were you in rough water?

No rough water, but lots of debris in water in certain areas of the lake. I will re-check the connections... where was your connection loose at?

Edited by Fman