Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Made the purchase at the boat show

peachman

Hello!

This last Saturday my wife and I signed the deal on an '06 Sunsetter XTi, it's all contingent on a test drive/ski... Do you think we did okay on the price?

Following are the options:

Docking lights:

Hot water shower:

Mid-ship ballast:

Cleats 2 pair:

Wedge (complete):

Billet Glove box:

Monsoon 340hp:

Boat cover:

Sony cd/4 speakers:

Lounge Remote:

Titan Tower:

Polished upgrade (tower)

Sky ski rack:

Water ski rack:

T/A extreme trailer:

Heated driver seat:

Two port heater:

This is the price we worked out:

Base price on the boat is $58,700.00 minus 12% = $51,656.00 They made it an

even $51K wasn't that generous... :)

It doesn't sound like we will take delivery till the end of April. The next orders that will go in are around the March time frame.

What do you think?

Thanks all,

JT

I'd say you did well, assuming that the first number is MSRP. As for the time frame, that sounds about right as well. Congratulations! Do you have colors picked out?

EDIT: Which XTI are we talking about, 21' or 23'?

Edited by WakeGirl

JT,

Welcome to theMalibuCrew!

That sounds like a great setup. I can't really comment on price becuase I've never myself priced out an XTi, but it seems decent. You will love the 'Bu. I think you will know for sure when you demo the boat - it will handle like a dream...

Again, Welcome to the site!

JZ

PS: You should update your profile so people know where you are located. :) To do this, click on 'My Controls' at the top of the page, then on the left hand side, select 'Edit profile information.'

Edited by WakeAndSno
I'd say you did well, assuming that the first number is MSRP. As for the time frame, that sounds about right as well. Congratulations! Do you have colors picked out?

Thanks!

Yes, that is MSRP.

The colors will be Midnight blue and Suede

JT

Opps... It's going to the 21' Crazy.gif

JT

JT,

Welcome to theMalibuCrew!

That sounds like a great setup. I can't really comment on price becuase I've never myself priced out an XTi, but it seems decent. You will love the 'Bu. I think you will know for sure when you demo the boat - it will handle like a dream...

Again, Welcome to the site!

JZ

PS: You should update your profile so people know where you are located. :) To do this, click on 'My Controls' at the top of the page, then on the left hand side, select 'Edit profile information.'

Thanks for the welcome.

If the new boat does as well as our '96 Sunsetter (bought new in '97) I'm sure I will really like the new one!

My profile should be updated.

Really enjoy the site all!!

Thanks,

JT

Congrats on the new setup. 12% off of MSRP is a good price. I assume the price is 51k + tax so it'll be closer to 54k depending upon your tax rate. Make sure to vote which model you have.

Yeah, I haven't forgotten tax... :(

With my trade-in of 17K + tax and license, I will be right about $36.7K

Go HAWKS! Surprised.gif

JT

Congrats on the new setup. 12% off of MSRP is a good price. I assume the price is 51k + tax so it'll be closer to 54k depending upon your tax rate. Make sure to vote which model you have.

Yeah, I haven't forgotten tax... :(

With my trade-in of 17K + tax and license, I will be right about $36.7K

Go HAWKS! Surprised.gif

JT

I've been uptight all week about the game...Don't let me down now!!

He he he!

I hear that! The week can't go any slower.

We are going to have a small Superbowl party at our place with all our ski friends.

JT

He he he!

We are going to have a small Superbowl party at our place with all our ski friends.

JT

Were having a party as well.

He he he!

JT

You two have know idea how lucky you are to not have to work weekends. I am from washington and I'ld do any thing to watch the game.

Malibudude:

Hey I know what you mean only I am a Steelers fan!! I am really trying to understand how the Steelers went from AFC 6 seed to favorites in the SB!!! I liked it better when they were underdogs! Anyway here's hoping for a good clean game in which the refs have no part in screwing up!!

Sorry for the hijack Peachman!

Congrats on the new Bu purchase. I just ordered an 06 V-Ride myself...waiting on the spray date from my dealer! Summer is looking pretty sweet!! Yahoo.gif

He he he!

JT

You two have know idea how lucky you are to not have to work weekends. I am from washington and I'ld do any thing to watch the game.

If that's true then maybe you should start by quiting your job. :)

WOW!!! $51K!!! Cry.gif Hard to believe boats have gotten so friggen high. Priced themselves out of my range.

Yeah, but can you imagine $135K for a MC 21' wakeboard boat with PP as an add on option for 2900....Love my BU

Whatever he does for a living, it won't be busy that day (unless he works in a sports bar or something). The entire NW is going to grind to a halt come Sunday.

GO HAWKS!!!

Hmmm...is there a game this weekend?

WOW!!! $51K!!! Cry.gif Hard to believe boats have gotten so friggen high. Priced themselves out of my range.

Yeah, but can you imagine $135K for a MC 21' wakeboard boat with PP as an add on option for 2900....Love my BU

All I can say is anyone who can afford a $135K ski boat, Has Definitely got money Falling out their A**!!! Or else they have lost their mind.

He he he!

JT

I'd cut my arm to stay home for this I've waited 20+ years...I respect a hard work ethic, but this is one time you 'll just have to have the blue flu.

Malibudude:

Hey I know what you mean only I am a Steelers fan!! I am really trying to understand how the Steelers went from AFC 6 seed to favorites in the SB!!! I liked it better when they were underdogs! Anyway here's hoping for a good clean game in which the refs have no part in screwing up!!

Congrats on the new Bu purchase. I just ordered an 06 V-Ride myself...waiting on the spray date from my dealer! Summer is looking pretty sweet!! Yahoo.gif

He he he!

JT

Here's to a clean game, if I had to loose the game the Steelers would be it another classy organization.

Whatever he does for a living, it won't be busy that day (unless he works in a sports bar or something). The entire NW is going to grind to a halt come Sunday.

GO HAWKS!!!

Blasphemy!!!!

Ya, the Steelers are playing this week-end... :unsure: ...don't really remember who it is they're playing though... :unsure: ...the Pigeons?... Dontknow.gif

Whistling.gif

:lol: . . . . . . ;)

Malibudude:

Congrates to you too! Summer should be great!

I'm hoping for a good game too, but I do hope the Hawks kick butt... Biggrin.gif

JT

I hear that! When they were in the 40K range I thought I would never have a chance at buying a new boat...

My bride stepped into a little better paying job and I also have her backing on the boat Yahoo.gif or it would have never happened.

JT

I'd cut my arm to stay home for this I've waited 20+ years...I respect a hard work ethic, but this is one time you 'll just have to have the blue flu.

This morning on the way to work they had a story about a guy that's employed with microsoft, he denided his on-call duty for this weekend so he could watch the game and they fired him.

I don't think it's worth loosing a job over, but you gotta hand it to the guy for his dedication to the HAWKS!

JT

I agree that's a bit hard but he should have been able to work something out. The Hawks ought to give him a home theater package to watch the game for that dedication, as I don't hink tickets are an option at this point.

I agree that's a bit hard but he should have been able to work something out. The Hawks ought to give him a home theater package to watch the game for that dedication, as I don't hink tickets are an option at this point.

Yeah, I agree. Jobs are too hard to come by these days... You would think something could have been worked out. I'm guessing the guy went to the news for the publicity so he could try and get the job back??

JT