Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

perfect pass?

92skier

I am looking at buying an 04 wakesetter vlx that does not have perfect pass. How much would it cost to add, and how hard would it be to add it myself?? How much would it cost to have a dealer add it? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Depends on model. Older versions (especially used) are cheaper but will require drilling hull for paddlehweel. You could put in stargazer easily. No wheel needed just a puck on the bow. That's Prob $1100 or 1300 from dealer. You could get used digital pro systems for prolly $500. Dealer should charge for about 2-3 hours depending on how much experience they have. I could put in a stargazer in an hour prolly.

I am looking at buying an 04 wakesetter vlx that does not have perfect pass. How much would it cost to add, and how hard would it be to add it myself?? How much would it cost to have a dealer add it? Thanks in advance for the replies.

I cannot comment on the cost as I bought mine many years ago but can comment on the installation. I installed it on a 2004 xTi and it was quite easy and took less than four hours. The 2004 Vlx should have a paddle wheel already installed so that simplifies the installation. Give the folks at Perfect Pass a call as they are very helpful and will advise you on the best system and will assist with any installation questions.

Depends on model. Older versions (especially used) are cheaper but will require drilling hull for paddlehweel. You could put in stargazer easily. No wheel needed just a puck on the bow. That's Prob $1100 or 1300 from dealer. You could get used digital pro systems for prolly $500. Dealer should charge for about 2-3 hours depending on how much experience they have. I could put in a stargazer in an hour prolly.

I wish you could find a Digital Pro - even used - for $500. I've been looking and just can't find anything used that isn't much less than brand new. New I've found the Wakeboard Pro Stargazer for $1100. If you know of any hookups, new or used, I'd love to see them as I am in the market.

I don't think the install is all that hard, but some folks just like to pay the dealer to do everything. I'd imagine the dealer would charge a couple hundred for an install.

For my 99 VLX I ordered it from Bakes and used the crew discount for paying members. The install was easy.

Crew discount doesn't apply for Perfect Pass systems. I even tried getting a price match from a different vendor and was a no go.

It seems like there are a lot of used systems on ski it again. If you get the stargazer wake -pro you will only need to add a smart timer to use the 3-event mode. there are some good videos on the PP site that shows how the different systems work.

It seems like there are a lot of used systems on ski it again. If you get the stargazer wake -pro you will only need to add a smart timer to use the 3-event mode. there are some good videos on the PP site that shows how the different systems work.

There are a couple DBW systems on there, and that's about it. Lot of WTB and misc parts.

I was recently looking into PP (again) and if I did it we would get stargazer with the paddle wheel option (about $200 more) because we ride on a river with a strong current often. If we went the paddle wheel option I would have the dealer install it because I don't like drilling holes below the waterline.

Depending on which model(s) you go with and if you install it yourself or not your looking at anywhere from 1100-1700 would be my guess.

• 1 month later...

I have a Stargazer(zbox compatable) mutliline display(has wakeboard mode as well as 3 event), 2 magnet timers, gps puck, master unit (so a complete system) for DBW malibus if anyone wants it $900.00 new zealand dollars inc freight to anywhere.

I just recently installed the stargazer perfect pass in my 04 LSV. I paid $1155 including tax and shipping and it took maybe 4 hours to install taking my time to make the install very clean. System works great, very happy

I paid $1095 shipped for our Stargazer a few weeks ago. About 2 hours to install...would have been a little over an hour if there was a reasonable way to mount the throttle control on a LS1. Works great, and a must have to surf.

I paid about $800 for my paddlewheel Wakeboard Pro setup. I definitely wanted paddlewheel because we use it a lot on rivers, so the stargazer won't account for the current. I purchased the contol module and tach/LCD gauge used for about $250, then I bought all of the rest of the parts (paddlewheel, servo, cables, hardware, etc) new from PerfectPass via a dealer. Took a few hours to install once I built up the courage to put a giant hole in the bottom of my boat. :)