Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you think? This 2004 RLXi for Sale

Land 'O Lakes

Hi. Been on the site now for a few months quietly taking it all in. Absolute excellent source of info. The boat below is something I may consider. What does everyone think? I have yet to dialogue with the owner, just a few emails so far - and obviously the high hours may be an issue - but anything else you may see that could raise a flag? I'll do a quick price search as well on NADA, but at this point do you think in the 28K range is fair? Has anyone by chance seen this boat or know of the history?

2004 MALIBU RESPONSE LXI 20' 6" 2004 MALIBU RESPONSE LXI. MONSOON 340HP EFI-MPI ENGINE. FIBERGLASS SWIM PLATFORM, BOLSTER SEAT, SONY CD W/FOUR SPEAKERS CUSTOM BIMINI TOP, PERFECT PASS PRO, REMOVABLE BACK SEAT, STORAGE COVER AND LOCKING REAR STORAGE. AIR, WATER TEMP GAUGES W/CLOCK. ALL ON A SINGLE AXLE TRAILER W/BRAKES.381 METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED HOURS AND OIL CHANGES EVERY 50 HOURS

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/6/82155506.htm

Edited by Land 'O Lakes

Was this owned by a club? The hours may be a little high for a 2004 but still, that is not too many hours for a Malibu. great, strong engine. get the price down a bit now because it is winter and go for it. Never look back.

Was this owned by a club? The hours may be a little high for a 2004 but still, that is not too many hours for a Malibu. great, strong engine. get the price down a bit now because it is winter and go for it. Never look back.

That question is already on the list for that live conversation

Welcome to theMalibuCrew!

It sounds like a pretty good deal. If it was in fact meticulously maintained, it could definitely be a winner. If it had about 350 hours in just a few seasons, thats not bad at all, but do check out the interior to see that it wasn't thrashed...

JZ

2004 MALIBU RESPONSE LXI 20' 6" 2004 MALIBU RESPONSE LXI. MONSOON 340HP EFI-MPI ENGINE. FIBERGLASS SWIM PLATFORM, BOLSTER SEAT, SONY CD W/FOUR SPEAKERS CUSTOM BIMINI TOP, PERFECT PASS PRO, REMOVABLE BACK SEAT, STORAGE COVER AND LOCKING REAR STORAGE. AIR, WATER TEMP GAUGES W/CLOCK. ALL ON A SINGLE AXLE TRAILER W/BRAKES.381 METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED HOURS AND OIL CHANGES EVERY 50 HOURS

Very few options.

Monsoon, PP, bolster seat, fiberglass swimstep. That's it.

No wedge, no clamps, no depth finder, no heater, no flushkit, no shower, no motorbox insulation, no exhaust tips, just a S/A trailer ...

Stereo, bimini, cover are all options too. I'd be curious if it has a wedge plate & depth finder.

I looked into this the other day for a buddy & it was very difficult to locate an RLXI for under $30k. Yes, it has very few options, but most of those things can be added over time. The S/A trailer is bothersome to me, but I trailer a lot (everywhere we go, & there are some long trips that we take). It may not be a problem for some that either have the boat on a private lake or live very close. The hours on it don't bother me - heck I'd rather see it being used than sit, but that's just me. As long as it was cared for, the hours aren't a problem.

Oh, & welcome to the site. :)

Edited by WakeGirl

$28k is about right. If you are worried about resale then I would personally want the wedge plate and I would definitely want to see maintenance records and have a dealer check out the boat.

Mike