Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much should I expect to pay for vinyl repair

Most of the interior on our boat is mint. But I have a few spots that need attention:

- Port sundeck piece has two thin, 1/4" to maybe 1/2" cuts in it on top.

- Center sundeck has one 1/4" very thin slit in it at the back

- Starboard piece has a decent cut in it, in a V-shape, probably 1/2" on each side of the V

- Starboard trim piece has a super small and thin slice, maybe 1/8"

- One seat has a pretty decent cut near a seam at the top, a good 8" long with a bit of width to it as well.

What would you expect the cost to have all of this repaired by a pro? Vinyl is not dried out at all and should be easy to work with. All pieces are easily removable and can be done on a workbench if needed. Color is a really light grey. I want to get some quotes and would like a ballpark of what is reasonable.

I fixed two seats on my boat a couple years ago. One was the large rear deck top that you climb on to get in (DD boat), the other was the front triangle seat in the bow. The two together ran me close to $1K.

Those guys are generally mobile so the cost can vary greatly depending on location from them. That said I would say $300 or so is reasonable, but that 8" cut may not be possible to fix/hide completely.

You may be able to save some money if the boat it at the dealer when he is coming to fix a few boats.

Just had Dr. Vinly repair 2 colors on 4 small tears, 1 cig burn, and 2" rip on the sundeck corner. $186 all paid. You can not even find the small one's, the large rip came out pretty good as well. This guy was good and came recomended, but I have heard the Dr. Vinyl has hit or miss techs

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a quote from a local Fibrenew.com company.

I sent very detailed pics - all were up close, high-res pics, with all the small cuts having a penny next to them for reference, with a tape measure next to the larger cut (which was way smaller than I remembered, at 3.5").

The estimate was $150 - $175. That sounded pretty reasonable, so I will likely try them out. I also submitted for a quote to repair the driver seat on my Avalanche...due to some unique challenges with that seat I can see why that quote it taking longer, so I'm curious as to what that will be and what I can knock off having both done at the same time.