Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new ride

NvBoarder

Ok so I did it, I was at the boat show this weekend and finally ordered my new boat. (Long awaited) So here it is: 2006 Wakesetter VLX w/ Monsoon engine, custom sport shroud, fiberglass swim platform, 4 speakers (from factory) but no headunit, depth finder, two outlet heater, bow ballast system, pull up cleats, poewr wedge, flush kit, bimini top, full cover, rotating board racks, and spare tire. Oh yea and the Extreme trailer. The exterior will be midnight blue and black. Plus since I bought it at the boat show I get an extra $2000.00 to play with which will purchase the 4 skylon tower speakers and some other goodies. I'm totally stoked and can't wait to get it home!!! Yahoo.gif

I'll be contacting the factory when they start the build and will hopefully be able to get some build pics. I might have to make the trip to Oriville for the NorCal WOW now!

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM STOKED FOR YOU!!!!! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PRICING MY 2006 VLX OUT!!...WHATS WAS YOUR TOTAL PRICE IF I MAY ASK???

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM STOKED FOR YOU!!!!! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PRICING MY 2006 VLX OUT!!...WHATS WAS YOUR TOTAL PRICE IF I MAY ASK???

I PM'd you.

Wish mine was here now. It's my first BU also I'm waiting for a spray date, once I get that I will contact the factory and hopefully get some pics! Can't wait for summer!!!

Very nice NV... I'm waiting for mine also... should arrive end of feb. I contacted Malibu, for the production pics also . You will need the purchase order # from Malibu to the dealer Good luck ;)

I just go unbelievable news tonight. My spray date is tomorrow, 2/7/06. Surprised.gif Apparently the dealer I am buying from had acouple spec boats ordered also and they are moving them to the back of the line and putting customer boats at the front of the line. So I should have my boat a month before I thought I would. Yahoo.gif I just emailed one of the reps tonight hopefully they will get my e-mail and be so nice and take some build pics. If they can I will post them here. But If they can't oh well at least I have my boat sooner than expected!!!!

Ok so I did it, I was at the boat show this weekend and finally ordered my new boat. (Long awaited) So here it is: 2006 Wakesetter VLX w/ Monsoon engine, custom sport shroud, fiberglass swim platform, 4 speakers (from factory) but no headunit, depth finder, two outlet heater, bow ballast system, pull up cleats, poewr wedge, flush kit, bimini top, full cover, rotating board racks, and spare tire. Oh yea and the Extreme trailer. The exterior will be midnight blue and black. Plus since I bought it at the boat show I get an extra $2000.00 to play with which will purchase the 4 skylon tower speakers and some other goodies. I'm totally stoked and can't wait to get it home!!! Yahoo.gif

I'll be contacting the factory when they start the build and will hopefully be able to get some build pics. I might have to make the trip to Oriville for the NorCal WOW now!

First off Congrats!

What tower did you get? The Illusion? If so, what rotating board racks did you get? As far as the Skyon speakers, are yougetting the ones with black plastic enclosure?

The next few weeks are going to be the longest weeks of you life.......... enjoy :)

Stewart: Yea I got the illusion tower, the board racks are made by metcraft, I think. I'll try to post a pic. The speakers that I'm looking at are the skylon Rubicon 150's or 100's not sure which yet. I seen the 150's mounted to an illusion tower and they looked sweet and sounded pretty good.

Ok my computer is being stubburn Mad.gif go to this website to check out the board racks and scroll down about halfway: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...921/260934.html

Edited by NvBoarder
Stewart: Yea I got the illusion tower, the board racks are made by metcraft, I think. I'll try to post a pic. The speakers that I'm looking at are the skylon Rubicon 150's or 100's not sure which yet. I seen the 150's mounted to an illusion tower and they looked sweet and sounded pretty good.

See if your dealer can get you the Nice Rack board racks. I played with the Metcraft, Skylon, Lightning and Nice Rack at the boat show over the weekend. The Nice Rack worked the best by far! And they were the least expensive ;)

I saw some of the new Skylon speakers on an Illusion at the show. They sounded good, but I didn't care for the black plastic housing. Plus, they could only mount one on the side of the tower and the other one was mounted on the crossbar Crazy.gif I have a pic I can post tomorrow.....

I have the Bullet speakers on mine and they sound as good as the Skylon, but are chromed (no plastic), look great on the tower. Just a couple of more things to look at Surprised.gif

Man this boat shopping and accessory buying is fun!

Again copngrats on the NEW VLX, you are going to love it!

yea they had one of the skylons mounted on the crossbar at the reno show also. But I was going to mount mine where they belong. Didn't even notice that they were plastic. Will have to look a little closer at them now. I'm interested in hearing more about the nice rack board racks did they rotate? Do you have a pic. The dealer hasn't ordered them yet, but will soon. Nevermind the pic looked in pleasonton boat show forum

Edited by NvBoarder

Yes, they rotated. They actually had a dual gas strut. The also had a quick release clip. The entire rack is billet aluminum. I Posted a couple of links to the Nice Rack in this POST..

The Metcraft rack swiveled as well. But when we looked at it, it didn't look or function nearly as nice as the Nice Rack. Another thing, is that I have owned 2 sets of Metcraft racks. On all of them, the rubber O-rings all came loose, and were real thin so my boards cut right through them. That is the same design they are still using.

I took some pics of the boats, but totally forgot to take a pic of the rack :Doh: I guess I was having too much fun playing with it.

hmmmm.... somehow i feel cheated ;( ... I ordered my VLX in late dec . My spray date is Feb. 22... lake test is Mar. 1.. I'm going to sched. a tour that day to go on the lake test with them ;)

badbob: Yea that sucks, I don't know how it happened but I'm not complaining. I confirmed it with Ellery (Factory Malibu Rep) who is taking some pics of the build. It sprayed today and will be lake tested on the 14th.

Stewart: I spoke with my dealer about the board racks. He hasn't ordered the Metcraft ones yet and he said he would get a set of the nice-racks sent to him so we can check them out. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes and I'll take some pics and post them here.

So what are your concerns with the speakers pods being plastic? I looked at them acouple days ago and didn't see anything really wrong with them. I like the look of them, should I be concerned with them breaking or cracking from vibration?

No, I just thought they looked cheap, expecially for that kind of money Crazy.gif

I like the Bullets: Polk Audio Components, chrome plated, spun aluminum and Made In USA :)

post-28-1139548514_thumb.jpg

:blush:

Hey all, I am new to the site, looks really cool. I just ordered my new vlx 2 weeks ago!!! It is our first bu, we have a cobalt we are currently trying to sell. Its been a great boat for us, but we have outgrown it and I have been longing for a real wakeboard boat for years! I am so excited, i keep having dreams about it!! Its supposed to be in here in mid-late march. And I just know it will rain for weeks afterwards, not that i would complain about that cuz we need it to fill the lakes back up (texas drought). I got it fully loaded, mostly white w/ dark blue accents!!! I just cant wait!

I didnt know that i could get pic's of my boat being built??? my dealer said nothing to me about this Shocking.gif

How do i go about seeing it in production from via the internet?