Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tapatalk

srintx

When using Tapatalk, it says signatures are not allowed by the forum. Is this something that can be allowed?

EDIT- It also tells me that the current forum does not have the newest software to support Tapatalk????

Edited by srintx

I have been getting errors whenever I try to login via tapatalk that the plugin on the forum is too old and kicks an error of "no such user". Has anyone seen or addressed this ?

Thanks

Claudio

I have posted 2 items since the upgrade that have had issues and have not had a reply back. Can an Admin please check these issues ?

Claudio

I have posted 2 items since the upgrade that have had issues and have not had a reply back. Can an Admin please check these issues ?

Claudio

I'm thinking it did not happen... :dontknow:

Just tried it and got this again.

post-15729-133575387332_thumb.jpg

I get the same error. It hasn't worked right with this forum for several weeks. On other forums when I use Tapatalk it has a button to show unread or new threads. I can't even log on due to the message shown above.

I updated it yesterday on the forum, & I've got it working fine on my phone. Try a couple of things:

1. Make sure that you're running the latest version on your phone. The latest for Android is 2.0.2, not sure on the iPhone.

2. Try clearing the data & cache for the plugin, usually found wherever your phone manages its apps.

3. Maybe try rebooting the phone.

• 4 weeks later...
Just tried it and got this again. post-15729-133575387332_thumb.jpg
same error for me. glad i am not alone. i love love love tapatalk, and i am sure it will get worked out.

i think the issue has to do with tapatalk wants you to login with username and bucrew uses email. when i try my username it will not do anything but when email is used it logs in but says no such user exist. but if i go to online members it says my username is online.

in the tapatalk profile it says my username is my email address which is wrong. and you can also not edit info in tapatalk. small set up clitch on bucrews end that shouldn't be tough to fix i am sure. btw i am iphone user

Edited by ktrent

same error for me. glad i am not alone. i love love love tapatalk, and i am sure it will get worked out.

i think the issue has to do with tapatalk wants you to login with username and bucrew uses email. when i try my username it will not do anything but when email is used it logs in but says no such user exist. but if i go to online members it says my username is online.

in the tapatalk profile it says my username is my email address which is wrong. and you can also not edit info in tapatalk. small set up clitch on bucrews end that shouldn't be tough to fix i am sure. btw i am iphone user

Same problem I have.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the plugin this morning, but there is something about this that makes me think that it won't matter. It sounds like this is an iPhone-specific problem, is that true? I don't have an iPhone, so I have no way of testing it. It works great on my Android phone. The thing is that if Tapatalk is going to give trouble over logging in with email vs. username, that's going to be a problem. We instituted that system a long time ago specifically as a security measure. It's much harder to hack anyone's account here because of it, & we're not going to change that policy. Some searching shows that other forums using this system are experiencing the same thing, although there is some hope that this latest update may have fixed it. We'll see.

For those of you having this difficulty, clear your cache, update your plugin (maybe go as far as uninstalling & reinstalling) & give it a try. As I've continued to tell people, don't use the IPS app (if you have it installed that is). It is not compatible with our installation.

Those of you that continue to experience this problem, please tell us what device you're using & give a few more specifics than just "I can't log on" or "I can't connect".

I've updated the plugin this morning, but there is something about this that makes me think that it won't matter. It sounds like this is an iPhone-specific problem, is that true? I don't have an iPhone, so I have no way of testing it. It works great on my Android phone. The thing is that if Tapatalk is going to give trouble over logging in with email vs. username, that's going to be a problem. We instituted that system a long time ago specifically as a security measure. It's much harder to hack anyone's account here because of it, & we're not going to change that policy. Some searching shows that other forums using this system are experiencing the same thing, although there is some hope that this latest update may have fixed it. We'll see.

For those of you having this difficulty, clear your cache, update your plugin (maybe go as far as uninstalling & reinstalling) & give it a try. As I've continued to tell people, don't use the IPS app (if you have it installed that is). It is not compatible with our installation.

Those of you that continue to experience this problem, please tell us what device you're using & give a few more specifics than just "I can't log on" or "I can't connect".

thanks for the update wakegirl. i am thinking its iphone related as well. i have dozens of forums on tapatalk with not issues but they all allow login with screen name instead of email and i think thats the issue. some of the other forums require email for browser login but only require username on tapatalk. it still works fine you just loose some cool tapatalk features. i can still read and post topics.

thanks so much for your effort

Keep me posted on whether or not the update works. I'm also working on a site update this week, but am not optimistic that it will fix the problem. From searching, it looks like it's tied to both the iPhone & email login together, & not many sites use that.

It also looks like there is a new iOS app from Invision, so once I get the forum update in place we may be able to try that. Tapatalk works fine on the other platforms, so if we can get iOS working then we should have some good mobile options for everyone. <crossing fingers>

Keep me posted on whether or not the update works. I'm also working on a site update this week, but am not optimistic that it will fix the problem. From searching, it looks like it's tied to both the iPhone & email login together, & not many sites use that.

It also looks like there is a new iOS app from Invision, so once I get the forum update in place we may be able to try that. Tapatalk works fine on the other platforms, so if we can get iOS working then we should have some good mobile options for everyone. <crossing fingers>

Thanks for the update...can you let us know when you update the site?

• 2 weeks later...

Site is fully updated guys, please report when you get a chance on the iPhone difficulties. It looks like the IPS iPhone app has been updated as well & this version is fully compatible with it, so alternatively that may be an option if the Tapatalk issues on the iPhone haven't been sorted. I'd appreciate a report on those, as I don't have an iPhone & can't test it myself. As before, it's working great on Android.

• 2 weeks later...

It's working fine for me on my iPhone. I was getting the same error as others where it said no such user, but even then, I could still say OK and just go to the forum and it worked. I just logged in after restarting the app and got no errors.