Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower ? And mirror?

gslinger

Just pick up my 2012 mxz. When I take the knobs out, should tower go down real quickly or should I need to assist it? Also I have the tower mirror. How do I put the tower down without the mirror bracket hitting the windshield?

If it is loaded down with Speakers...Wetsounds or Exiles it should lower down quickly....dont allow this to happen.... Make sure you have upgraded the shocks on the tower to the heavy duty shocks. I have a 247 LSV and my Samson mirror bracket does not hit...I beleive your tower is a bit smaller...I would call Malibu in TN's Customer service line.

Hope thsi helps.

LTD

We got our MXZ with 2 speakers (6.5) Memphis audios, 2 shelves with fore and aft lights on each side and 4 swivel racks with the standard shocks and it goes down with a little bit of assist on a regular basis. My wife is only 100 lbs and she can do it all day by herself. I think if we picked up another pair of speaks we might ask for the upgraded shocks but our dealership inspected it and told us that if it failed or came crashing down with the load we have on there, they would replace everything. They even put it in writing and are confident that it wont present a problem.

One of the shocks wasn't connected. It was missing the top part. Parts guy came to my house at 7pm tonight to fix it. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! 30 mins from dealership. Works great now. They are also giving me a bracket to lower the tower on to, so it doesn't hit the windshield with the tower mirror on.

+1 on picts. did they get it from Malibu or fabricate it? I too am having problems with the shocks. how does one know that they have the HD versions?

Do you have a bimini? Have you put that on there yet? That's something else that will change the weight. Mine is a little heavy with the bimini on... but perfectly balanced without it.

Edited by blagrata