Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MUX switches with stereo

ryanbush

I am wanting to completley remove the black box from my 08 VLX, how is this going to affect my right side MUX Switch with all of the stereo info. am i going to be able to wire it where the stereo on/off button will control my WS420? if not what do i need to do to have the 420 turn on. i don't mind it being on a different mux switch would just like it to turn on/off with the key

You can completely reconfigure the MUX setup to not show stereo fucntions. There are instructions on here somewhere.

Do you really want to turn the WS420 on and off wiht a button, or just want it on key'ed power?

If just keyed power, tap into the key-on power line to the new head unit. Easy.

You can completely reconfigure the MUX setup to not show stereo fucntions. There are instructions on here somewhere.

Do you really want to turn the WS420 on and off wiht a button, or just want it on key'ed power?

If just keyed power, tap into the key-on power line to the new head unit. Easy.

I'm not going to run a head unit at all...

basically i want to be able to turn off the WS420 and Amps with a switch, my radio is on 95% of the time... but i want to be able to turn it off seperate from the key if i want to...

basically i want it to work just like i had the head unit installed

I'm not going to run a head unit at all...

basically i want to be able to turn off the WS420 and Amps with a switch, my radio is on 95% of the time... but i want to be able to turn it off seperate from the key if i want to...

basically i want it to work just like i had the head unit installed

Ok, then look at the big black box under teh dash. There are fused connections for switch output. Pic an unused one, then edit and place the associated MUX switch where you want it thorugh the MUX settings.

They work just like regular switches, just more complicated...

Ok, then look at the big black box under teh dash. There are fused connections for switch output. Pic an unused one, then edit and place the associated MUX switch where you want it thorugh the MUX settings.

They work just like regular switches, just more complicated...

thank you, is there a way to have it where it will turn the stereo off when the key goes off and turn it back on when the boat is restarted?

thank you, is there a way to have it where it will turn the stereo off when the key goes off and turn it back on when the boat is restarted?

Really, it sounds like the MUX integration isn't necessary to what you are doing. Not sure which switchs are ign key independent. I think they all are, which allows you to leave it on. My suggestion would be to use the mux trigger on a relay, and feed the relay power from a key'd wire. Then, the stereo would only be on with teh key, and when mux switch is on.

For what you are doing, i'd skip the switch and run it off th key.

Really, it sounds like the MUX integration isn't necessary to what you are doing. Not sure which switchs are ign key independent. I think they all are, which allows you to leave it on. My suggestion would be to use the mux trigger on a relay, and feed the relay power from a key'd wire. Then, the stereo would only be on with teh key, and when mux switch is on.

For what you are doing, i'd skip the switch and run it off th key.

the issue is i want to be able to turn the stereo off without turning the key off...

the issue is i want to be able to turn the stereo off without turning the key off...

What are you using for volume? The eq? Just turn it all the way down.

I have the black box setup too, and although its not great, why are you so motivated to remove it completely?

Running w/o a head unit is a good call for budget and older setups, but eliminating a functioning head unit setup you already have, to try and run without one....seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

I have the black box setup too, and although its not great, why are you so motivated to remove it completely?

Running w/o a head unit is a good call for budget and older setups, but eliminating a functioning head unit setup you already have, to try and run without one....seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

just turning down the volume won't turn off the amps, also i really have no use for the head unit and it's just aking up room and being an eyesore in my storage compartment and wasting power when the engine is off

Edited by ryanbush