Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help telling Sunsetter LXI from non-LXI

SiouxCitySmitty

I thought the easiest way to tell was if the rear storage opens from the top, it's an LXI. If it opens via the backrest on the rear seat, it's not.

However, I'm looking at an '02 and the storage indeed opens from the top, but, it doesn't have a wedge (only the "door" on the swim platform), and, it doesn't say "Sunsetter LXI" on the side of the hull near the back.

If I look at the stern and compare the profile of the hull to a known LXI, it's identical.

Any guidance on what the heck I'm looking at? Or, any other variables needed to confirm unequivocally what model this is?

Thanks immensely!

Got it.

From a side view, the LXI hull "steps up" in the back, as you view it from the side. The non-lxi does not.

Thanks for your quick response! Exactly what I was looking for.

The most obvious thing is the step in the hull at the transom that creates the extra 8" in length. The LX is 21', the LXi is 21'8". What does the USCG plate in the cockpit define the model as?

The swim platform mounts on the lower part of the swim step, and pulls out horizontally vs. vertically on an LX as well. Notice the noticeable step in pic:

Sunsetter%20LXi%20Transom%20Step.JPG