Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dash rattling from my bass

wakecat

I finally put one of my 8" kicker factory sub option box under my dash with the speaker facing towards the bow and the port facing to the right of the boat. My problem now is the vibration from the bass is rattling the right side of my dash where it meets the windshield. Has anyone else had this problem or have any solutions (besides turning the bass down or wedging something in between the dash and windshield)? I'm sure removing the dash must be very difficult.

Thanks

Johnny

I finally put one of my 8" kicker factory sub option box under my dash with the speaker facing towards the bow and the port facing to the right of the boat. My problem now is the vibration from the bass is rattling the right side of my dash where it meets the windshield. Has anyone else had this problem or have any solutions (besides turning the bass down or wedging something in between the dash and windshield)? I'm sure removing the dash must be very difficult.

Thanks

Johnny

Talked with a Dealer in Utah about this exact problem. He has now reversed the speak so that it faces back toward the driver bit behind the foot kicker.

I first read the topic title and thought the OP had a problem with a live bait well in his 'Bu. Maybe you could try a trout instead of a bass and it wouldn't cause you that rattling problem. Shocking.gif

Sorry.

My dash would rattle pretty bad from my sub when I played louder than it needed to be. So I wedged a small piece of rubber between the dash and the wind shield,It worked pretty good but I've since foam filled the area under the dash and I no longer have the problem.

The real problem is that you guys don't have enough bass to drown out the rattle Crazy.gif Our dash doesn't rattle, but we can't use CD's (we almost always use our mp3 players) because it makes the deck skip like crazy. I guess Malibu's just arn't built like the used to be :lol:

OT, I was watching OLN the other night and they have an American Chopper style show that is based around Ultra Boats.

They were designing an offshore boat for a customer that included the "loudest" stereo ever installed in a boat. The vibration of the speakers under the bow was so heavy that the hull of the boat was jumping while it was on a trailer. They had it at 1/2 volume and a quarter on the dash was jumping about 5" up. While one of the girls from Ultra was looking into the bow area while the stereo was playing, you coud see her hair moving from the movement of the air from the speakers. Crazy.gif

Just thought it was fun to share, obviously the owner of that boat feels the vibrating dash is worth it :)

Im with all you guys with the same problem Cry.gif What I did is unscrew the windshield and added some better rubber in between the fiberglass of the boat and the dash. the process is a bit time consuming, It took me a while to find all the hidden screw not to mention moving the 15" subwoofer from underneath the dash, but after all the work I can turn up the bass and feel the rumble.

Nice work burbanized, so was it pretty tough to remove the windshield or just time consuming like you said? Are most of the screws found underneath inside the boat? Any tips you might have? I was thinking about wedging something in between the dash and fiberglass but I'm sure that wouldn't look to good.

Thanks for the help.

Removing the windshield is really easy WAKECAT.

On the bottom part of the windshield you will see a long rubber strip about 34 of an inch, pull it back towards you from the top and you will uncover some silver screws, take all those screws out (theres three that are long ones with a lock nut at the end). theres also one black screw at the end of the whindshild and also you will need to unscrew the silver support bracket in the walkway. After that the windshild should come right out. and its alot easier to replace the rubber on the dashboard thats causing the unpleasant rattle on your boat.

Peace ROFL.gif