Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fat sacks installed now what?

fedupracer

so just finished installing two 750lbs fat sacks in the rear lockers of our 07 vtx. so where is everyone putting the table and front wind screen?

is it possible to move table inside the engine compartment or is their too much heat from exhaust manifold? we enjoy the table for lunch time with the little ones? :surfing::partytime:

fedup, don't see how you could stuff it in there as I couldn't possibly get it in my LSV. I put the window in a case on the port side when I fill up my 1100 on the strbd side to surf. I would think that you could put a cap over/in the pole receiver base on the table to keep it from cutting the 750 and leave it in place. The table might pop the engine panel out of the rail if it isn't reinforced in this instance, just guessing though. I know the window will fit behind the observers seat wall on my LSV (a** pain to get to), but I'm not sure the table would fit anywhere other than the locker. You might be able to get it to fit under the rear corner seats base side up and cup holders out but you will most likely end up putting stuff on top of it.

I keep my windscreen in the walkway and take the table and brackets out. Never use the table, no food allowed in the boat, just drinks

Just a warning worth mentioning. I recently after several years had the table rails on the engine wall puncture my fatsac in the starboard locker. I never brought the table out with us unless it was specifically a dinner trip. Otherwise it was left in the dock closet. Those plastic guides slots were still screwed in though and they had a sharp enough edge to wear the bag and puncture it eventually. So if you leave them attached make sure they're ground down along the edges and corners to keep that from happening.

Just a warning worth mentioning. I recently after several years had the table rails on the engine wall puncture my fatsac in the starboard locker. I never brought the table out with us unless it was specifically a dinner trip. Otherwise it was left in the dock closet. Those plastic guides slots were still screwed in though and they had a sharp enough edge to wear the bag and puncture it eventually. So if you leave them attached make sure they're ground down along the edges and corners to keep that from happening.

What brand of sac?

I have 750's. My table and wind screen remain in the origanal locations but I have never tried to pull them out with the bags full.

Any worries of cracking the windscreen? I ran 500's last year and didn't worry about it, but have a bit more concern with 750's this year. Last year I just put a life jacket between the metal of the table and the bag, but I had cheapie bags. With Fly High's I'm not concerned about doing that. Also, did you reinforce your engine divider walls?

Edited by Nitrousbird

some good ideas here , i have not reinforced the engine dividers yet, have head i don't need to with the 750, only the 1100 needs to be done. was looking and moving the table to inside the engine bay and install a second divider to protect the table, i would only loose about 6 inches and think it would be OK.?

Slurpee is correct about the rails, cut the heck out my self on one of them just doing maintenance so I took both out and rounded the edges as well. While I was in there I took the rear risers over the drain pump accesses out and screwed the plates directly to the floor (screws cleared the tanks) so my 1100lb bag would drain all the way.

fedup, instead of putting in a second divider you could just flip the table 180 find where the table base hits the divider, then cut and radius a hole for it. That way you can keep the table where it is at and not lose the 6 inches. The base will stick into the engine bay but it shouldn't contact the manifold on that side I wouldn't think. You would have to flip or remove the cup holders but no big deal there.