Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kid towable

gslinger

We have the ez-ski. It was a big hit with the nieces last year who ranged from 3-7 or so, and had no prior experience on a boat. I think the ski sleds would be a little easier to store (plus not have to worry about blowing them up) but I wanted something I knew would be easy for them and this was a big hit. My daughter will be between 1.5 and 2 this summer so I hope to get her out on it this year too. She loved it last year when I towed her around the yard or just walked with her on it in shallow water. I picked up some trainer skis at half off in the off-season and want to try to transition them to the skis sooner than later, but can't rush them of course and the ez-ski is super easy to still have fun & build some confidence.

No idea for a tube though, I'd imagine almost anything would work and be fun. I want to avoid a tube as long as possible though and hope to never have to buy one (most of our boating is towing back & forth so don't want to deal with it).

DSC_0693.JPG

Tubes? We have 2 Air Head Slices and they're crazy fast and relatively easy to flip over. We've put kids as young as 5 on them, but always with a teenager or an adult. If you want something more stable, find one that maintains the same tube diameter all around and is fairly large.

We had a Airhead Hot Dog 3 person when the kids were younger. Very stable, kids loved riding it, also doubled as toy to play on the the cove.

Last year we switched to the Super Mable. Still fun and safe but can get some air for the older kids. They enjoy skiing & wake boarding but sometimes when the lake is busy, the Maple fits the bill

I would strongly reccomend against a traditional tube that has the hole in the center... its a very rough ride in the center and if they attept to lay across it bends their back when you hit bumps.

With smaller kids the flat round ones do well, especially the ones that are a little thicker in the front, more boyant in the font,...it helps fight against the tube submarining.

Edited by nyryan2001

We have the ez-ski. It was a big hit with the nieces last year who ranged from 3-7 or so, and had no prior experience on a boat. I think the ski sleds would be a little easier to store (plus not have to worry about blowing them up) but I wanted something I knew would be easy for them and this was a big hit. My daughter will be between 1.5 and 2 this summer so I hope to get her out on it this year too. She loved it last year when I towed her around the yard or just walked with her on it in shallow water. I picked up some trainer skis at half off in the off-season and want to try to transition them to the skis sooner than later, but can't rush them of course and the ez-ski is super easy to still have fun & build some confidence.

No idea for a tube though, I'd imagine almost anything would work and be fun. I want to avoid a tube as long as possible though and hope to never have to buy one (most of our boating is towing back & forth so don't want to deal with it).

DSC_0693.JPG

Awesome picture!

• 1 month later...

Ok. Newbie here. What is the easiest way to secure tube on platform. I am an anti tuber, but purchased one to take nephews and nieces when they visit behind my recently purchased 99 SS LXI. I tied it to the hand rail, it just seemed to be more of an ordeal than it should of been. I see them all the time tied to back of boats! Don't laugh!!! Just looking for solutions for easy tie/untie access!

Ok. Newbie here. What is the easiest way to secure tube on platform. I am an anti tuber, but purchased one to take nephews and nieces when they visit behind my recently purchased 99 SS LXI. I tied it to the hand rail, it just seemed to be more of an ordeal than it should of been. I see them all the time tied to back of boats! Don't laugh!!! Just looking for solutions for easy tie/untie access!

Thing I have been doing if going away from the dock for a while is towing the tube on a short rope right behind platform, then arriving at the ski cove and throwing a small mushroom anchor out not far from bank, but out if the way for tube to float while skiing. When time to tube, retrieve it and tube back towards dock. If I tie the tube up behind boat, then it just flops around and the buckles and tow eyes end up hitting transom and I don't want to scratch it by doing that.

Chariot Warbird 2 by Sportstuff. It has a wraparound chair back and stabilizing wings so it is super stable. You can take grandma on a nice easy ride and not get her wet then take the kids on a wild ride. When you get the hang of it you (the driver) can take it across the wake at will and not worry about tipping. As with any two person tube the biggest risk is the kids banging heads. You may want to consider helmets if you put them on at the same time.

Ditto for Chariot Warbird. Got the 3 person for my two girls (7 and 10). Big tube but stable and can put them and their friends on it. Our neighbors had "Big Mable" for years and it was a hit for all ages. That style works well.

Don't get something with sunken seats; rougher ride and get sprayed by the rope a lot more. My girls hated it.

we have the overton's gladiator super brawler, which I think is just a rebadged sportstuff towable. We're going on our third year with it.

It's huge and takes up a whole vdrive locker when not in use.

Because it's so big its a pain to handle while inflating.

It's even a bigger pain once we get home and I have to get it out of the locker when it's wet to dry it off.

It it super stable and the kids love it. When we go boat-in camping it's great because we can inflate it and then just leave it tied up to our anchor.

I wouldn't shed a tear if it popped, though. I think I hate it about as much as the kids love it.

Air Head Viper 3... kids can sit in it.... it is very smooth/dry and stable for the young kids... also have a couple of pancakes for teenagers

Air Head Viper, though I don't think you could go wrong with any of the suggestions. Down side to the viper is that it will submarine if the weight too far forward.