Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cylinder misfire

Made it through the break-in period of new 247 with the 6.0L. Accelerared to WOT for a few seconds, engine slowed and stopped. Would crank but not fire up. Over the next 30-45 minutes checked fuses under dash, fuse/relay box on engine, tried starting a few times with no luck. Then opened oil fill cap, dipstick ( checked oil, which was Ok), opened fuel fill caps, tried with key instead of maliview and it finally started. Also made sure no inactive codes and sent active code to No Wake. Code led to "misfire on cylinder #5". Paul, Craig, & Adam are working on it and including getting Indmar Tech support. I have had nothing but great experiences with No Wake and Malibu.

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with a cylinder misfire fault.

Congrats on new boat. I'm sure the No Wake guys will get it figured out for you. Were you up on Caesar's Creek when it had the issue?

Of course not, that's be too easy. We keep the boat at Norris.

We keep ours at Norris also and with the new boat coming in soon, I'm hoping something similiar doesn't happen to us. No Wake is sometimes willing to come down to norris lake to try to make a repair for you. It may be worth asking if you have a problem in the future.

Good luck with the fix - Paul always helps me out tracking down parts, etc. Does the 6.0 have coil on plug ignition? Might simply be a loose or defective pack...hope its an easy fix.

On a side note we need a tri state area trip to norris!

They will be planning a trip but no one is sure when due to the supply & demand issue.

Did you do the factory tour?

Not yet. We're planning on going down for a factory tour on April 23rd. Boat should be mostly done by then and we'll hopefully get to see some of the finsihing touches.

Good luck with the fix - Paul always helps me out tracking down parts, etc. Does the 6.0 have coil on plug ignition? Might simply be a loose or defective pack...hope its an easy fix.

Sounds good to me.

Agreed!

Paul & Craig are giving me a checklist including checking the individual coil connections. Because it would not restart they're wondering about fuel delivery also so we'll be dropping the new bu off at No Wake.

Agreed that we meet at the lake beyond the Beach Party. Drop me a pm when you're heading down.

Enjoy the factory tour, we did.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Dropped off boat on Sunday.

#5 cylinder compression very, very low and the spark plug electrode is MIA. ECM sent to Indmar on Friday. Found fuel pump not holding pressure. Cylinder #2 misfire code found. Not sure if these are cause or effect.

New engine arrived at No Wake on Thursday! Old engine removed Friday.

Guessing the guys at No Wake have pics of Malibu & Indmar execs in compromising positions to get the new engine so fast.

Malibu & Indmar yet to determine root cause yet agreed to get new engine to No Wake. Overall a crappy situation since i never had a problem with our 23 LSV, however I'm impressed with the speed of response from Malibu & .

Have to go through the break in again which is a bummer but glad we followed the break-in procedure for the initial engine. Hope to get some hours on Ceasars before taking it back it Norris.

• 1 month later...

2nd engine has been good, however just got a fault code

SPN:65566 FMI:1

I didn't see that code on Bakes link to the code descriptions

Indmar had us switch the Ox sensors but it is still showing up as an active code. Next step is to get the fuel pressure checked this morning.

Anyone experience a similar fault code?

Sorry for your continued engine issues - hope this new issue is a minor one!

I am in Loveland as well - I am going to do a guys trip down to Norris on July 18 - 21st so let me know if you guys are down there and we can connect!

-- Mike

We'll be down with another family or 2. Based in the Deerfield area and probably skiing & boarding up past Flat Hollow, surfing around the Peninsula with a few runs to the rope swing.

Do you know The Daumeyer's?

Interesting post...I had something very similar happen

Where you ever able to get it started? My dealer (CTWS) addressed it via email and said if it happened again to bring it in...

Interesting post...I had something very similar happen

http://www.themalibu...__fromsearch__1

Where you ever able to get it started? My dealer (CTWS) addressed it via email and said if it happened again to bring it in...

From the original fault, yes, it started with the key switch after it cooled down. Blew a hole in Cyinder #5, unfortunately not something that could be addressed via email.

The 2nd fault has moved to inactive.

From the original fault, yes, it started with the key switch after it cooled down. Blew a hole in Cyinder #5, unfortunately not something that could be addressed via email.

The 2nd fault has moved to inactive.

Wow, it blow a hole in cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

2nd engine has been good, however just got a fault code

SPN:65566 FMI:1

I didn't see that code on Bakes link to the code descriptions

Indmar had us switch the Ox sensors but it is still showing up as an active code. Next step is to get the fuel pressure checked this morning.

Anyone experience a similar fault code?

Started periodic SPN:65565 FMI:1 and SPN:65566 FMI:1, like every 10-15 minutes. Indmar kept saying it was fuel issue. Fuel pressure checked out solid 60psi at all rpm. No Wake was doing lake service and stopped over, not finding anything until we opened the hatches with the tray out and heard something not right. Hole in port rubber exhaust transition fom manifold to transom. Also found soft spot on starboard hose. New exhaust manifolds installed 2 days later and no codes!! Reset computer and 247 is accelerating like a champ.