Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally part of the Exile team

Kikitlo

Finally finished the install this past weekend. Now I just need to clean the boat up and get ready for when the warm weather hits. Went with an XM9 Hybrid setup. 8 SX65m paired with a XI800.4, and a XI12 paired with a XI1500.1. I stood the amps off 3/4" off the mounting surface. I also had to cut in the bow speakers to the factory locations. This was the most nerve racking part. When I showed my wife the pictures she was freaking out a bit. She hates it when I do anything to the boat, especially cutting holes.

Bow speaker location

BowSpeakers3.jpg

The nervous part

BowSpeakers4.jpg

What Have I done?!?

BowSpeakers6.jpg

It's ok!

BowSpeakers7.jpg

BowSpeakers8.jpg

Amps

DSC_0191.jpg

Spacers

Amps5.jpg

Subwoofer

Subwoofer1.jpg

Tower Setup

DSC_0192.jpg

I even went with the comptech marine racks this year. The wife was getting tired of the bungee cords. I bought the arms off ebay and made a swivel / quick disconnect plate to mount to the tower.

2012-04-01_18-04-37_389.jpg

Can't wait to get out on the water and really appreciate the system. Just thought I'd share

• Like 1

Sweet install. I am in the process of the same setup. Was a real pain in the a** working with the 4 guage cable to fit in the amps and distro block. Good job !

Claudio

Thanks all. Was a real challange trying to fit the amps into the area. They are definetly big. The sound is great. I had to take it out into the country to tune it. I started to "play" with it in the driveway and some of my neighbors were giving me some looks. :)

As for the swivels I will get some other pictures posted when i get home. I realized I didn't upload those to photobucket and they're on my home computer.

2 Harpoons, sweet! I like the spacers/stand off's on the amps. A lot of heat related issues can be resolved with those things.

You should also be able to turn the XM9 grills to match the surfs. Awesome setup!

Thanks for the suggestion JTech. That is actually a petpeeve that I have with the speakers is that you can't get them all to match orientation with each other. I figured all the benefits out weighed this detail so I went with it.

That is actually a petpeeve that I have with the speakers is that you can't get them all to match orientation with each other. I figured all the benefits out weighed this detail so I went with it.

The XM9 grills should turn to match the other ones if I'm not mistaken, or maybe I don't understand what your saying. :)

Yes. The XM9 grills have an infinite amount of adjustability. It's the SXT65's that are the issue. Because of the curved mounting location of the speakers they don't match up with each other and they can only be adjusted in 90 degree increments by design. If they had the adjustabilty of the XM9's I would be able to match all the grill orientations. I will just pick and angle close to both of the SXT's and set the XM9's to that.

The picture below shows the suttle difference between the 2. Again not much but enough to notice.

2012-03-18_17-10-44_863.jpg