Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First time in, and temp went straight to 210

So, I put the boat in the water for the first time; start it up while I am putting together the bimini; temp goes to 210 and I shut it down. Any thoughts on what I should be looking for?

junk in the intake grate....stuck thermostat, disintegrating impeller and blockage... cheap fixes and just good maintenance. then start looking at sensors etc

Thanks for the quick answers. This is the first winter I have owned it, bought it last spring and had no issues with the boat all summer (except a vdrive leak)

I will have my guy check the impeller and other items. But the raw water intake is interesting, since I had someone different winterize this year. Where would I check for the intake on a 2008 wakesetter LSV?

Edited by aberon

The raw water intake is on the comes in the bottom right side of the boat about inline with the oil filter. It will be 1 1/2" rubber hose going to the v-drive... all the hull penetrations below the waterline have 1/4 turn ball valve.

It doesn't sound you like you increased your rpm's above idle from your description??? It could be as simple as the the cooling system not priming from the witner layup. I would start there. But, changing the impeller, or at least inspecting it, would be my choice as then you'll know you've got a good one in there.

It doesn't sound you like you increased your rpm's above idle from your description??? It could be as simple as the the cooling system not priming from the witner layup. I would start there. But, changing the impeller, or at least inspecting it, would be my choice as then you'll know you've got a good one in there.

Yep :plus1: ....especially if it is the first time in the water. WIth the water lines empty from winterizing, you need to give the raw water pump a little prime by reving the RPM's for just a couple seconds. Feel the pump housing. It should remain cool to the touch which indicates water is flowing through it.

Busted, you started it in the Garage??????. Did that once for 20 seconds ( actully was a battery test for me) easy fix it is your impeller. And do not dry start it without the proper gear again! check your impeller and buy 2. put one in your up time kit for the day you need it.

Well....busted....sort of....I had work done and they ran it in their garage...and they had the tool, but I am guessing now, based off these posts, I am guessing there was a misstep there. I will check the impeller and let everyone know.

Same thing happened to me this weekend, though with white smoke coming from the back of the engine. The shop tightened all the hoses and that fixed it (apparently with the loose hoses it was sucking in air along with water), but also replaced the impeller to be safe.