Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So is the 1235 still the prop to have?

Armyguy

I've been looking into getting the 1235 for my 06 Vlx but I see there are so many options out there and new props coming out. Is the 1235 still the all around best prop to have for the Vlx? I live in California so not up in high altitude but I do plan on weighting my boat down for wake surfing. Is this the prop I should get?

Thanks

I had the same question and I ended going with the 1235 and it was a huge difference. I went to the river for a weekend with some family and friends, and the boat was so loaded with people I was having a hard time getting on plane. Switched props, loaded the boat with people and ballast, and no problems. I did lose some top end, but I usually just cruise anyway, never really opening her all the way up. I'm happy with it

Good to know..I found one that is almost brand new..10 hours use I think..for 450 shipped if the guy ends up accepting it. I'm supposed to hear back Monday evening. He wanted 500 shipped but I've seen them go brand new shipped for that on group buys.

Even at 40mph..that is plenty fast for me to get where I'm going..is it bad for the engine to run WOT with this prop? You can do it with the stock prop no problem.

With the 1235 a good cruising speed is about 30 MPH. IMO, it pushes the motor a little too hard anything faster than this for long durations.... if you slalom ski much it will really push the engine at 34-35 MPH. Great prop for wakeboarding and surfing, not so great for slalom skiing.

I don't ski at all..I do drive WOT sometimes to get to whatever side of the lake we are going to or heading back to the dock for the day. That is about the only time though so I was just curious.

You should talk to the oj and acme guys. Something like the oj fusion or the acme 1273, which has the same/similar pitch and surface area, but more cup to keep the revs down at WOT might be a good choice.