Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First actual run and crawfish

jwl019

Must say between having crawfish Friday night and a great first time out for the season with the boat, it has been a great weekend so far.

After draining the oil manually (will have a pump next time) and changing impeller small mishap (posted about in another thread), the boat performed flawlessly today. First slalom run this year in 62 degree water and a temp of 78 degrees made for a nice day!

Did I say how much I loved the diamond hull, wow it was nice at 34 mph, or maybe just good because it was the first time skiing this weekend!

Glad everything went great! It is unbelievable to me that my water temps up here in northwest IL are as warm or warmer than LA. The water was already 65 degrees back on March 21st during one outing. It has fallen back to about 60 as of yesterday when I was putting docks in.

Every now and then we would hit a warmer spot on the lake, but most of the cooler temps is due to all the rains we have been getting. Over the past month, we have had 2-6" rains, 1-3" rain, two of the 3 we had hail storms, and misc. smaller rains.

If we get a break from all that, it will not take long at all before the water is just right!

Yeah, I'd seen enough so had to go get some! $75 for 20 lbs. was not to bad. They were good size and really Spicey! Good enough to make your nose run and eyes water, made them great (I didn't boil them, ate at restaurant).