Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Central Texas Water Sports and New Evolution Cover

srintx

It's easy to come on here and complain about how bad your dealer is. I just pick up our VLX our yesterday from our dealer up in Austin TX, which is Central Texas Water Sports (CTWS). It was a great experience with them as usual.

The boat had all the things I wanted done and some additional warranty items they found as well. Overall I was very please with the team at CTWS.

As promised I had a chance to put the Evolution Cover on, while I did not get a lot of pic of it, I thought I would share a few...Cory and I are still working on the fit.

I did not get any of the pics of the swim cover, it's done in the same yellow trim as the cover. Also, if you look at the straps you'll notice snaps, this is to snap down the transom cover which is not shown.

https://picasaweb.go...gCObi4siq6tyCaQ

Edited by srintx
seems like you need to yank those transom straps a little tighter?

IMG_2328.jpg

So tight that the right side was coming undone. Cory and i spent over an hour on the phone trying to get it to work. He's going to add about and inch which should be enough.

Do the Evolution covers allow for refueling without taking off the cover?

In other words, do they those round zipper flaps over the fuel caps?

I've owned two and neither had it. Not sure it works with his covers?

I just put my new Evolution cover on this past week, and it didn't have the fueling flap. Outside of that, it was a great fitting cover... Thinking I'll be loosening up the cover to fuel.

You can get that added on if you want, but frankly, it really isn't a big deal to release the cinch strap and the rear corner strap on the side of the pump and pull the corner of the cover forward enough to get to the fill cap. It literally takes seconds to do. I've never felt the need for the modification.