Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EXT Exhaust question

Hey Guys, so I was out just giving the new boat a once over today and making sure i knew where everything was to change oil ect, since i am new to the new generation monsoon. And my dad and I noticed that the sensor, or whatever it is, that comes out of the stainless steel piece between the EXT exhaust manifold and the muffler hose was not connected to anything. As in the wire that comes out of it went nowhere. It has been clipped. It is the same on both sides. So clearly someone did this for a reason. Is it to increase performance? the boat was in tennessee so the emmisions regulations would not have applied. Clearly it does not effect performance since the boat runs perfectly. The only thing that concerns me is that it might effect fuel consumption because i know the EXT exhausts are supposed to increase efficiency but i'm guessing that this particular part is key to the catalizing process and thus would not effect fuel consumption. I am used to motocross bike engines however and will readily admit i do not know much about catalytic converters. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks, Mike

Edited by Byrnsie

It is the after cat temperature sensor. There were issue with the ECM programming and this sensor throwing codes so Indmar had two fixes... reprogram the ECM... and/or remove the sensors from the system by cutting them out and adding a resistor into the circuit. There is no effect on performance.

Awesome thanks. I figured it couldnt be anything that effected performance since the guy who owned it before me was a tournament skier and you could tell the wires were clipped on purpose.