Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Does all 2006-07 vlx's come on a diamond hull.

AZ23lsv

Ok im new to the site and am looking at 06-07 vlx's.Ive read that the diamond hull isnt as desirable as a wakesetter none diamond hull.My question is does an 06-07 vlx come with the different hulls.Ive wakeboarded and my son wants to wakesurf and ive read the diamond hull isnt the best to have for wakeboarding.Any info on this would be a big help.

I think most come with the wake hull unless it was special ordered, the 20' VTX's usually come with the diamond, 21.5' VLX's come with the wake usually

If you go to the resorces section there is an article on how to tell the difference looking at the transom.

Edited by t a

if its 05-08 vlx, it has a 98 in beam, unless its a vride made to look like a wakesetter vlx. Sounds like seller doesn't know what he's talking about or trying to sell u a vride disguised as a vlx

I just bought an 06 vlx.. Supposed to pick it up tomorrow if I'm not too sick. I talked to my dealer and they said most vlx's come standard with a wake hull. However, the diamond hulls could be special ordered. Just dealt with the same thing as you and wanted to make 100% sure that I didn't get a diamond hull. If you get the hull # you can call your Malibu dealer and they can tell you which hull it is.

The boat in question does look like a vlx to me...

That yellow One on Yubasutter is not an 05, stay away from it, way too much for that year, prob 02 or 03. That 08 looks nice tho, and has me considering an upgrade lol

Edited by t a

Yeah I almost went with that 08 instead of the 06. I just couldn't bring myself to pick the orange. Would probably look sick on the water though.

Edited by Armyguy