Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hard ballast tanks Sunsetter

groovymalibu

I finally found the boat I've been looking for close to home. But not quite.

It's a diamond hull LSV 20. I've been trying for months to find a diamond hull VTX at a price in my range, but to no avail.

Can hard ballast tanks be added to a LSV 20 or is the floor all premade molded glass that can't be modified? I'm guessing this is an option that has to be done at the factory and not after the fact? ie the reason for the VTX.

Thanks!

you could probably add the above-the-floor tanks like the vlx/vride and early lsv's had. Where are you located? I've got a set that need to go to a good home....

you could probably add the above-the-floor tanks like the vlx/vride and early lsv's had. Where are you located? I've got a set that need to go to a good home....

Which tanks/size do you have Shawn?

I'll let the experts correct me, but I'm pretty sure there has only ever been one size, which I believe is 250lbs.

EDIT: pretty sure I've got a pair of (used) piranah drain pumps too.

Edited by shawndoggy

I have a 08 LSV20 and Munson Ski and Marine in Lakemoor, IL installed a pair of hard rear ballast tanks (same as the VRide). They worked with Malibu on stock parts and tied it into the display/electronics. I believe they did have to drill some holes, the most critical in the hull for intake. I saved about $7k over the VTX, and got a nice crossover boat. The rear ballasts and wedge are more than enough wake for beginners and the ski hull is great for recreational skiing. :)

Matt

I'll let the experts correct me, but I'm pretty sure there has only ever been one size, which I believe is 250lbs.

EDIT: pretty sure I've got a pair of (used) piranah drain pumps too.

Thanks Shawn, 250# is all I've ever seen, that's why I was asking. I'm thinking we're going bigger than the 250's, but thanks anyway.