Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Lights

Sidetracked3

I am looking at a 2012 VLX and was thinking about getting tower lights put on. Does anyone have any pictures or video of the factory lights?

You can look at a pic of my tower under the "LETS SEE YOUR TOWER" thread. Its under page 7 and its the black and red MXZ. We opted for black shelves even though most of the boat is red and Memphis Audio speakers but the lights are factory, one pair facing aft and one pair facing forward. I dig them, they look nice on the shelf. The dealer installed these.

Starone has some cool ones for the G3, I was thinking about those

http://menacewatersports.com/shop-v1.0/viewitem.php?groupid=2&productid=7

I had tower lights on my previous boat, they were bright as day, but pretty useless while driving. The light just bounced off the water. Didn't really light the water, except in the rear. Really grippy ridding at night

Edited by wakebrdr94

http://menacewatersp...d=2&productid=7

I had tower lights on my previous boat, they were bright as day, but pretty useless while driving. The light just bounced off the water. Didn't really light the water, except in the rear. Really grippy ridding at night

I would have to agree...forward facing lights didnt really illuminate like a headlight. They did light up the rear area and kept other boats from running into me on a crowded lake. They look cool though...

• 2 weeks later...

http://menacewatersp...d=2&productid=7

what kind of lights were they? I had some before but weren't bright at all

They were the Titan lights that came on the Titan tower on my old 2002 vlx. They were really bright, but with the reflective properties of water, the beams just bounced off of it. I could see the shoreline great, just not was in the water. Actually got busted by a cop for riding at night, and he made us turn the lights off as he got close. And I quote "I can't bust you for not having lights, you can see those things a mile away!"

At least the cop was cool and didn't write a ticket, just told us to call it a night

I would have to agree...forward facing lights didnt really illuminate like a headlight. They did light up the rear area and kept other boats from running into me on a crowded lake. They look cool though...

while your lights may have prevented others from runnning into you, you endanger others by running your lights.

I have the stock G3 alpha lights on my tower. Though I haven't used it yet, I like the feature of having just the forward facing lights on, rear facing, or both.

I can take pictures tonight if you're still looking for them.