Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kansas City is without a Malibu Dealer...again

hethj7

I called Marine Maxx today and was informed they no longer represent Malibu. I asked if Barry (the sales guy) was still around and the guy on the phone just replied he hadn't been in touch with Barry for over a week. He had no idea if someone else in KC was going to pick up Malibu. Right now, I think the only inboard dealer around is Summit Boats, which reps Supra/Moomba.

I was stationed in Missouri..needless to say I did not like it much..biggest thing for us to do there was go to the super Walmart or just get a hotel off base and drink..I'm glad I was only there for a year before moving to Georgia...lol. I can say that the only good time we did have there is when we drove 4 hours or whatever it was to lake of the ozarks..we rented a boat for 4th of July weekend, camped out, drove around the back roads in the country lighting off mortars from the back of my truck, and playboy happened to have their huge cigarette boats out there full of playboy girls..good times haha

I would shoot Malibu a call and see if they are planning on getting picked up by anyone else. If not, you might need to start learning how to work on your own boat..lol

At least your boat is way out of warranty so you don't have to deal with that, however of you planned on buying a new boat, that is where the problem would be.

Edited by Armyguy

Wow, no love for Missouri around here :). Even though I was born and raised here, I admit I like some other places quite a bit more (I travel quite often for work). That being said, KC is home and there are plenty of things to love here (low cost of living, nice pro and college sports scene, midwestern hospitality, etc.). And although the lakes right around KC are small, many people have weekend places at Lake of the Ozarks, TableRock, etc.

There are some pretty "backwoods" areas in Missouri that don't offer much (unless backwoods is your cup of tea), but the same could be said for most states. The larger urban areas like KC, St. Louis, and Springfield have a lot to offer.

No Malibu presence isn't a huge concern for me now, but when I go to upgrade it will be.

Well, don't know much about KC, MO... but I do know I viewed this topic before the OP posted the second comment about no one viewing the topic, so perhaps the view count is off or was reset by the upgrade.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

I was stationed in Missouri..needless to say I did not like it much..biggest thing for us to do there was go to the super Walmart or just get a hotel off base and drink..I'm glad I was only there for a year before moving to Georgia...lol. I can say that the only good time we did have there is when we drove 4 hours or whatever it was to lake of the ozarks..we rented a boat for 4th of July weekend, camped out, drove around the back roads in the country lighting off mortars from the back of my truck, and playboy happened to have their huge cigarette boats out there full of playboy girls..good times haha

I would shoot Malibu a call and see if they are planning on getting picked up by anyone else. If not, you might need to start learning how to work on your own boat..lol

At least your boat is way out of warranty so you don't have to deal with that, however of you planned on buying a new boat, that is where the problem would be.

You mean fireworks mortars right? :rofl:

You mean fireworks mortars right? :rofl:

Haha just a few extra I bought back from Iraq...lol yeah fireworks we're legal over there so it was cool seeing fireworks that actually shoot more than 6" in the air unlike the gay safe and sane ones here in Cali. In fact, I don't even waste my money on them anymore here they have gotten so gay. I just go to the ballpark and watch the good stuff. I also found out that they have a HUGE firework show on the water at lake Don Pedro for the 4th. I heard people wait like an hour just to drop their boat in the water.

Edited by Armyguy

Marine max carried malibu for less than 12 months. Wonder if the lake ozark main dealer is still carrying them. there's always ski shack in springfield, nothing like driving 3 hours for service.

Summit boat and gear also carries nautique.

Sorry to here about your situation. We have a great malibu dealer in Springfield "SKI Shack" They have been around a long time. I know it is a 2-1/2 hour drive but they will treat you right. Chris runs the service side of the business, I have done business with them over the past 5 years and they have gone beyond the call of duty. Good luck finding someone in you zip code.

CB