Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Air vent hoses

anw7405

Okay. I picked up a 1991 malibu euro f3 201 sunsetter open bow the other day and I'm trying to figure out the air vent hoses. There are two hoses in the bow and 4 hoses to exit on the transom. 1 will be the bilge blower 2 will be just gas tank area vents but what is the other one? Where do the ones in the bow go? I'm assuming they let fresh air in the engine compartment area but I cant tell.

Also the packing nut on the drive shaft. Do you guys have 2 or 1? Everything i have read to adjust/tighten this says to back off the smaller nut and tighten the larger one until the water is stopped to one drop every 10 seconds - 1minute. It looks like I have one big nut only?

Thanks for the help.