Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone know of a good priced 2010 vlx for sale?

Armyguy

Well I am supposed to be buying a 2006 vlx this week for 39k but am having last minute second thoughts. I really want a 2010 with the updated hull, tower, and maliview. I am afraid I am going to regret settling for something older than I want but the price is right and I like the color scheme. If I could find a used 2010 in the 50k ish price range in a good color scheme/good options I would probably buy it instead. I found one about a month ago on onlyinboards that was a 2010 all blacked out and clean for 49k at some boat dealer in Arizona I believe, but it had 650 hours on it which scared me away. If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

When you're spending that kind of money, buy what you want; you won't regret it. You're making the right decision.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks,

Yeah the only reason I considered buying used is because I was looking for something I could enjoy now and trade in whenever the surf edition/surf setter finally gets released. But the more I think about it, the more I would rather have the newer 2010 in case when the surf edition finally comes out and ends up being a ridiculous price, I can keep the 2010 for a few more years and still be happy. I don't think I would want to keep a 2006 for that long.

I figured with all the people trading in their 2010-2011 boats for the new MXZ, there should be a few out there right now.

Edited by Armyguy

I don't think you are going to find a 2010 - 2011 for $50K. You are at least $10k off.

However, I have seen 2009's in the low-mid $50's. My dealer had one for $50K and it sold. 2009 has the new hull and Maliview. It is just missing the G3 tower and snap in carpet.

I found a nice 2010 for 58k with only 160 hours. I sent them an offer but I will have to have it shipped. Other than that one, nothing yet.

Haha I saw that one..very clean looking boat. I wish the color was different and I might consider it. I see that it has bow ballast but what about center,left, and right? What exactly is the difference between this one and a vlx?

Just the gel coat is different. It doesn't have a center ballast but has the rears and bow. The ski locker will fit a 1,100lb gravity games bag which was the plan to plumb in but now I am selling.

You are making a good choice going 2010 forward. You definitely want the G3 tower, which 09 has the Illusion. The G3 alone is worth the extra $. As others mentioned, I think a prestine 2010 would go in high 50's...

Good luck with your search. If I see something come up I will pm you.

Well I tried and tried but did not have enough time to find a 2010. I have been looking for another boat for quite some time and haven't been able to find the right one(color scheme and options wise). I really liked the 2006 I found and was sold on it. It is very nice looking clean boat with only 126 hours on it for 39.5k. I decided to go ahead and get it since I will be happy with it for now. Going this route I will still have money to drop a nice Wetsounds system in it(4-rev10's and 2-SYN4's). I will be able to spend all summer on the lake since I haven't been able to for the past two summers(since I sold my last boat).

My plan going forward is this..I already know right now that I am not going to keep this boat too long. I am going to wait for Malibu to come out with their surfsetter edition boat which could still be a year or two away. In the mean time, I will have a really nice boat to enjoy the water on that will keep it's value AND, when Malibu does come out with the surfsetter, I can turn around and sell this for most of what I paid. I think at the 39k price range it will sell alot quicker and be open to more buyers that are like me and looking to get into a good used Malibu.

I had the place I am buying it from take it down to the local Malibu dealership for inspection. If for some reason it doesnt pass, or they recommend not buying the boat for a good reason behind it, then I will continue my search for a 2010.

Here are some pics of the boat I am looking to get. http://www.themalibu...-for-me-please/

The only things I plan to do to it are

1. Tint windshield

2. Wetsounds Stereo(which I will move into new boat whenever that happens)

3. Update side graphics with 2008-2009 Wakesetter emblems

4. Hard plumb fat sack(1100lb?) in passenger side for awesome surf wake.

5. Add on the Acme 1235 prop

6. Maybe some new spinner racks from Samson..MAYBE

And worse case scenario, If malibu never comes out with the rumored "surf edition" within the next 2 years, I will just trade it in for a brand spankin new custom ordered VLX or MXZ.

Edited by Armyguy
  • 1 year later...

This must be a popular interest, Armyguy. Given the fact that folks are now wanting to upgrade to the new VLX with Surf Gate, I am also looking for a used 2010 VLX. Anyone interested in selling? :thumbup:

Of course, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 2011 if the price is something I could afford.

Edited by exlonghorn

Sweet boat, and my wife loves what you did with the lighting. The ONLY thing missing is that it doesn't have the front ballast tank, otherwise it's optioned just the way I'd want it...Maliview, G3 tower, upgraded stereo, and not too many hours. Honestly, I'm a little surprised you haven't sold this baby already.

I'm not selling but you guys make me feel good about getting my '11 vlx for 59k including shipping. It was a year old and had 136 hrs. All the major options.

Sweet boat, and my wife loves what you did with the lighting. The ONLY thing missing is that it doesn't have the front ballast tank, otherwise it's optioned just the way I'd want it...Maliview, G3 tower, upgraded stereo, and not too many hours. Honestly, I'm a little surprised you haven't sold this baby already.

I thought I had, Twice....I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but I'd rather run a triangle sac, I know its not on a switch, but I still have the extra storage space. Plus I don't allow people on the bow when I tow someone anyway. I think the new one I'll add a separate pump and line and still run the sack, but put it on the switch

I would honestly get the bow tank because you would get that money back, and just put a bunch of lead wake bags by the cup holders.

I thought I had, Twice....I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but I'd rather run a triangle sac, I know its not on a switch, but I still have the extra storage space. Plus I don't allow people on the bow when I tow someone anyway. I think the new one I'll add a separate pump and line and still run the sack, but put it on the switch

I'm with you on that one. The amount of weight you get with the hard tank vs. the amount of sacrificed storage space is not a fair trade-off. I would much rather run the triangle sack or hide a bunch of lead. At least you give yourself that option.

I've had several people that were really interested, but walked because of the bow ballast. I'd definitely rather have the storage. Like you said, You can run lead or a sac, have more weight than the bow tank, and have the storage. But to each their own.

I've had several people that were really interested, but walked because of the bow ballast. I'd definitely rather have the storage. Like you said, You can run lead or a sac, have more weight than the bow tank, and have the storage. But to each their own.

Yeah this is one of those areas where perception becomes reality... Go to wakeworld and you'll see people touting mastercraft's bow storage as an advantage over a malibu, because the perception is that if you order a malibu without it you have a handicapped wakeboat.

It does make the boat an outlier and you'd have to be prepared to take a bit of a haircut price wise.