Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

any info on a sea ray ski ray

railroader77

i have a friend that is looking at a 1994 sea ray ski ray. does anyone know anything about these boats. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I had basically the same boat (hull wise) in a Sea Ray 180 OB. It was a great family boat, lots of interior room and good storage. slalom wakes were low and hard but very skiable. Wakeboarding was challenging as Outboards typically donut have the ability to make good wake for more than slalom.

Mine had the 135 Black Max Mercury outboard, the Ski Rays had typically the 175. I would recommend to put the Hi 5 stainless prop on the boat if he does so choose to get one.

I now have a 93 Malibu Sunsetter and find this boat to be a much better ski/board boat than the Sea Ray was.

A friend at work had one. I assume you are talking about the inboard version of the boat?

He loved his. well built. solid. He sold it to get a small cabin cruiser because they usually boated on the Ohio River and it is not a good ski river (barges, trees, etc.)

My cousin has one (inboard-Mercruiser 230 or 260?), has been a great boat for him (bought new). Very skiable, tubable (are these words?), not a lot of room in it, but good for teaching kids to ski, etc...

Our family had the inboard version, believe it was a 1993. Very well built, nicely optioned boat. Huge integrated swim platform with great access in and out of the boat. It performed just fine with the Merc 265hp engine. It's 22'off rooster tail was pretty firm, but nice wakes at longer or shorter rope lengths.

Because this is posted on this site, I'm guessing its a DD your looking at, you don't say, but just in case it's a outboard, I'll post. I had a 93 Open bow Ski Ray w 175 OB. At the time I needed to make the family happy with more space. To this day it is the best alternative to a DD. The wakes were small, a little hard, yet with the tracking fins and hull design, I took it thru the course on a daily basis. The bow does rise at take off if you start out slow, yet at full throttle take off it is a monster and flat. My neighbors had a Echelon at the time, and whoever had gas was who pulled us. I also pulled up 5 footers on tricks, kneeboards, to form a pyramid for the 4th of July. The interior is great, a table went where the DD engine was. The front seats swiveled to be able sit around. Had a full sun deck back seat, built in cooler. But I was a hard core skier and footer, so it needed first and foremost be skiable. Best outboard I have ever skied behind.