Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New VTX Arrived today

Phoenix

It's here... Now all I need is summer!

My wife and I sold our runabout last summer, then spent a lot of time in the fall shopping for boats (Nearly went for a nice Atomic Orange one in Alberta). Then after a lot of ups and downs, and debating new versus used, Malibu versus Tige, We finally dropped the cash in November and ordered our first Malibu, a VTX.

As it seems with others, our dealer (Performance Watersports) was very patient with us. We test drove a VTX last August, then hmm'd and haw'd until November, with lots of questions before, during and after the order was placed.

Well the day has finally arrived! The boat arrived at our dealer, and may even be coming home this week :woot:

We went for a red and black VTX with most of the options,

• Cut Diamond (3D) hull
  • 350HP Monsoon (w/Silent Tips)
  • MLS bow (as well as the others already included)
  • Maliview
  • Power Wedge
  • Snap out carpet (no WS logo)
  • 3 outlet heater
  • Lighting
    • Pop up Bow light
    • Tower Halogens
    • Underwater Transoms

[*]Stereo

• Sound Pack 1
    • Tower Speakers (Titan's... this will have to be changed I think)
    • Driver seat Sub.

[*]Evolution Cover (Thanks Cory!)

We will be water testing on Thursday, and it should be coming home with me after.

To be added, once it's parked in the garage, are two 565# Piggy Back sacks. (already delivered)

Now when will summer arrive?

post-16719-0-93952600-1333489849_thumb.j

Pic from the Starboard Bow

More pics in the Boat House.

Nice looking VTX. I like the colors. We need to see more pictures!! I also bought mine new from Performance Watersports. They really are a nice bunch of people. Where are you going to be boating most? We usually go out on Alouette Lake.

Adam and I will be oing our water tests on Thursday (wasn't expecting that for another week or so).

Nice looking VTX. I like the colors. We need to see more pictures!! I also bought mine new from Performance Watersports. They really are a nice bunch of people. Where are you going to be boating most? We usually go out on Alouette Lake.

We used to spend a lot of time at Alouette until the Golden Ears opened, then I found the launch to be a bit of a zoo. Last year we spent a lot of time on Cultus.

There will also be my usual trip to Shuswap, and Okanagan.

More pics coming up shortly.

Don

Very nice. How much was the cover?

Cover was quoted at just shy of $900 shipped to Canada. There was a Malibu Crew discount after that (I'll leave it to Cory to offer exact numbers).

Made it out today for the water test,

post-16719-0-07389800-1333686060_thumb.j

A couple minor items to have corrected, but nothing that will stop me enjoying the boat.

Got home, Boat was a little taller than first expected (oops). Had to take the racks and the hoop off the tower to fit in the garage. Here it is all tucked in...

post-16719-0-27635600-1333686156_thumb.j

Now, Where's summer?

Nice VTX, I'm in Port Moody also.

Hi Joe, Yes, I knew you were local. I have seen your boat around a couple of times too. Very nice looking!

Where do you go to play?

Don

Super Sick boat! That is the same one i will be upgrading to in 3 years.

It looks sharp... Unfortunately, I don't think this one will be up for sale anytime soon.

Adam and I will be oing our water tests on Thursday (wasn't expecting that for another week or so).

We used to spend a lot of time at Alouette until the Golden Ears opened, then I found the launch to be a bit of a zoo. Last year we spent a lot of time on Cultus.

There will also be my usual trip to Shuswap, and Okanagan.

More pics coming up shortly.

Don

Yes you're right. It has gotten busier since the bridge opened, but we just pick the right time of day to go: early in and early out, or a bit later in and stay later....just depends. We really like the lake cause once you get away from the launch, no matter how busy it is, the lake always seems dead cause it's fairly large. I have never been to Cultus Lake and never plan to. I have heard that it's even worse than Alouette and its quite small. Plus I can leave my house, launch, put the truck/trailer away and be motoring away from the dock in 45 mins.

Hi Joe, Yes, I knew you were local. I have seen your boat around a couple of times too. Very nice looking!

Where do you go to play?

Don

Don, we usually go to the Pitt, and of course we take a trip to Osoyoos and Kalamalka in August. I do like Alouette but the launch is a nightmare so we go to rickenbachs.

A couple minor items to have corrected, but nothing that will stop me enjoying the boat.

Got home, Boat was a little taller than first expected (oops). Had to take the racks and the hoop off the tower to fit in the garage. Here it is all tucked in...

Now, Where's summer?

Hey Don, we can lower your trailer and you may be able to get it in the garage without taking the hoop off. How close is it to making it?

Hey Don, we can lower your trailer and you may be able to get it in the garage without taking the hoop off. How close is it to making it?

There is also a guy I know that got a straight bar manufactured for his VLX so he can get it in his garage. Let me know if you want his name. I'm sure that he'd be able to tell you where he got it.

Now, Where's summer?

Beautiful boat! I have a 2010 VTX with the identical color combo!

Hi Joe,

I will measure it the next time it comes out. I'm also tempted to have a contractor look at opening up the Garage a little. There's enough space inside the garage to raise the tower, it's just getting inside the door.

I'll PM you when I get a measurement.

Thanks,

Don

welcome to malibu ownership. i made the jump from run about last year and never looked back. im in pitt meadows and we head to pitt lake for most of our boating plus the regular trips to mabel and shuswap.

i had the same problem with my garage door too. i had to take the racks off every time. the boat was only 1inch too tall. i bought a set of replacment forks for the racks that were 15 degree rather than 30 degrees. now it just sneaks in and with the replacement forks i can put the surfs on the racks which is nice.

see ya out on the water!

mike