Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need a measurement for a 2006 247 LSV cover

Hi,

I'm ordering a new cover from evolutioncovers.com, and they need one measurement for a center support.

I'd do it myself, but I live in Colorado (where it's still snowing today) and the boat is still shrink wrapped.

So, can anyone with a 2006 (or maybe even an '07 or '08) 247 LSV Wakesetter please measure the distance between the top center of the windshield straight back to where a line straight down from the tower pylon would intersect it. The plan is to have a bungee cord hang down from the tower, and support the cover in the center. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I need the distance of the green line below:

boat.jpg

I can't help you as far as dimensions, i'm just confused because every other thread i have read about evolution covers states that there is no need for any kind of support. I don't have one so i can't say from experiance. I just know that is one of the big reasons every loves evolution covers so much. Have you asked Cory if strapping the cover to the tower is even necessary?

If no one else answers before tomorrow morning I'll measure mine on the way to work. Mine is an '08 but the dimension should be the same. Excellent graphic by the way.

Edited by mattm

The dimension you outlined is 46" on my boat. Just FYI, the factory cover has a reinforced area with a snap for a support pole at 55" from the windshield. I think this location would be too far aft for the bungee arrangement your canvas maker is planning though.

I can't help you as far as dimensions, i'm just confused because every other thread i have read about evolution covers states that there is no need for any kind of support. I don't have one so i can't say from experiance. I just know that is one of the big reasons every loves evolution covers so much. Have you asked Cory if strapping the cover to the tower is even necessary?

Cory put one on my cover as well. It isn't necessary to use the d-ring to support the cover from the tower normally. It is more or less a 'just in case' you need it sort of thing. I think it would be useful if someone was to leave their boat/cover outside during the winter and snow would be sitting on the cover. Not something I plan on ever doing though.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

It sounds like he mostly recommends the support loop for these big 247's. Between leaving the pylon up on the sun deck and this bungee support, it should make a pretty good "tent" to shed the water.

The dimension you outlined is 46" on my boat. Just FYI, the factory cover has a reinforced area with a snap for a support pole at 55" from the windshield. I think this location would be too far aft for the bungee arrangement your canvas maker is planning though.