Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blowing 2011 95 amp alternators?

last year my alt blew.... volts spiked to 16-17v with the engine running for 3-5 mins, then the alt went out... old dealer chaulked it up to a faulty alt.

last weekend, SAME thing.... volt spike, alarms go off, alt goes dead, volts read 12.2-12.4 with th engine running. Appears to be my 2nd ALT on a NEW boat, faulty voltage regulator. Anyone else have issues? 2011 247 6.0L with the 95amp alt.

I called Larry at Indmar... says he has never heard of any issues witht he 95Amp alts other than if they get wet or a bad ground.

Edited by nyryan2001
My boat is so heavy on the left side with the SRM29's, 4 batterys in there total, its hard to surf goofy. what are the exact specs of your golf battery box? Do you think it would fit well in the walk thru between the consoles?

How is this wired up? Could you be expecting too much from the alternator?