Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion tower pins falling out

Bradley Thornton

I have a 06 V-Ride and my pins keep falling out. I tried new pins that didn't help. Any ideas or suggestion would be nice.

Both sides have came out at different time while riding never at the same time of course.

Edited by Bradley Thornton

assuming you can lock the ring into the groove to lock them in . Are you saying they vibrate loose after that?

I have never had that problem. Maybe it's time to replace the tower bushing.

Edited by my malibu

Could be loose bushings but there is an adjustment on those pins. Fold the tower down and just above the pin location in the tower base is a set of allen head set screws. It's been a while since I have looked at a tower like that but IIRC the top allen screw comes out and is a lock screw. With the top screw out there is a spring loaded ball that is adjusted with an allen wrench to put pressure on the pin to keep it in. Screw it down to increase the pressure on the pin while moving the pin in & out. You don't want it so tight that you can't pull the pin out.

Bakes has a pictorial how-to. After that, put a quarter int the ring, then twist into the slot. The quarter & gravity will help the ring stay down in the slot.