Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can someone run a Hull # for me please?

Armyguy

I finally found a boat I am buying (2006 VLX) as long as everything checks out on Thursday when I take it to the Malibu dealer to be checked out. I was wondering if anyone here could run the hull # for me to make sure that it is a Wake hull and not a diamond hull?

I would also like to know how many owners it has had if possible? Not sure where I could find that out..possibly DMV?

The Hull# is MB2K4787L506.

I think I am getting a pretty good deal for 39.5k. It supposedly is only 1 owner with 125 hours on it. Has quite a few options: power wedge, perfect pass, 4 MLS ballast, dining table, 2 vent heater, stereo, 2 batteries, etc. It also comes with an Extreme tandem trailer with swing away tounge and 4 wheel disc brakes. He is also throwing in all of the boards, ropes, tubes,etc. I am pretty stoked since it will be my first Malibu and I am coming from a 2001 Centurion Elite V Air Warrior. If everything goes well, I should be picking it up on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

Here are a few pics of the boat..

06vlx.jpg

P3270703.jpg

vlxinterior.jpg

vlxrear.jpg

Edited by Armyguy

I don't know how to run a hull number.. but if no one is able to help you out in that regard you can eyeball it when you see the boat. Here is a link to a post on here with pictures of the difference.

Welcome to the Malibu Family! Sounds like a good deal you're getting. The VLX is awesome.

Troy

contact Malibu they can get you the build sheets for the boat on the build sheet it will say what dealer it was sold to, then you can talk to the dealer to see if the guy you are buying it from is who they sold it to. the boat-fax type reports are worthless i was given one that said the boat was clean no bad history and it was actually totaled the day it was bought.

Ken

+1, appears to be Wake Hull

As part of my due diligence I called Indmar customer service with the engine s/n to confirm build date (to rule out engine replacement/refurb) and check for any major warranty claims.

Confirmed wake hull. Sold from Cope/McPhetres new in 2006.

Peter

Thank you very much. I just wanted to make sure I didnt end up with a diamond hull. I also found out that it is a two owner boat. The first owner got rid of it at 15 hours supposedly per the broker. Still not bad and low hours.

I figure this boat will be a good starter into the Malibu world for a few reasons.

1. It is still a newer nice boat and not breaking the bank (payment wise anyways).

2. I can really get an idea of if a VLX is the right size for me with a used boat first. If I decide later on that I want the 23LSV then I can upgrade when I eventually order a brand new boat. As soon as Malibu decides to release the "surf edition/surfsetter", I will be trading this in and should get a pretty good amount on trade hopefully.

Edited by Armyguy

+1, appears to be Wake Hull

As part of my due diligence I called Indmar customer service with the engine s/n to confirm build date (to rule out engine replacement/refurb) and check for any major warranty claims.

Haha very diligent. So what did you find out?